Studio for InDesign and InCopy 2020 (version 15.1.0)
Version: 15.1.0 build 15
Release date: 19 May 2020
The download files for this version of Studio for InDesign and InCopy can be found in the Release announcement.
The following feature has been introduced in this release of Studio for InDesign and InCopy:
- Opening files in Studio for InDesign and InCopy from a custom Web application. When making use of a Web application (such as a planning tool or a custom application), users may want to directly open layouts or articles directly from that application into InDesign or InCopy with Studio installed.
This can be made possible by letting the application call a URL with specific parameters. Using this method, the following can be done:
- Open layouts in InDesign or articles in InCopy
- Open multiple layouts or articles with one URL
- Open the files checked-out or as read-only
- Open a template for editing or instantiate a new document from the template
For more information, see Opening files in Studio for InDesign and InCopy from a custom Web application.
- Scripting. As part of the functionality for opening files in Studio for InDesign and InCopy from a custom Web application, the following scripting call has been added:
Studio for InDesign and InCopy 2020 is based on Studio for InDesign and InCopy 15.0.0 and is technically the same. Apart from re-branding it by changing logos and product name references at various places, only the following changes have been made:
- Dragging files from Content Station or Studio onto a layout in InDesign. Support for dragging files from Content Station 9 has been dropped. It is still possible to drag files from Content Station 11 or Studio by using the Drag to InDesign integration.
- Single sign-on: Preventing Studio for InDesign and InCopy from checking if Studio Server is SSO-enabled. When Studio for InDesign and InCopy with support for single sign-on (SSO) connects to Studio Server, a check is done to see if that version of Studio Server has SSO enabled.
When Studio for InDesign and InCopy with support for single sign-on connects to a version of Studio Server which does not contain this service, a fatal PHP error is logged by Studio Server. Although harmless in itself, the error unnecessarily triggers alarms in system monitoring tools.
It was already possible to prevent Studio for InDesign and InCopy from performing the SSO check by modifying the URLs that are defined in the WWSettings.xml file, but this did not affect URLs that are defined in the configserver.php file.
This has now been made possible by the following option that can be added to the configserver.php file:
new Feature( 'sso', 'false'),
For more information, see Preventing Studio for InDesign and InCopy from checking if Studio Server is SSO-enabled.
No known issues exists in this release of Studio for InDesign and InCopy.
Documentation for Studio for InDesign and InCopy is available on Help Center:
Note: Some screenshots in the product documentation may still show Studio for InDesign and InCopy. This will be updated over the coming weeks.
EN-92821 Open InCopy/InDesign files from a custom web application.
EN-92917 Dragging a file from Content Station 11 does not work on Windows.
EN-92963 When connecting to an Enterprise Server without support SSO support, a fatal error 'WflGetNativeAppAuthenticationInfoService' is reported in the server log files.
EN-92969 Slow text input for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean in InDesign.
EN-92970 InDesign Server freezes on BeforeSaveLayout script step.
EN-92972 Code cleanup: remove Section/Category from the status (GetStates) lookup.
EN-92974 'Open Issue as Book' script fails on production environment containing 29 layouts.
EN-92975 Anchored object in article disappears when editing text.
EN-92977 Changing the access profile settings requires a reset of the Adobe preferences to take effect.
EN-92978 Skip handling of UpdateIssueOrder event in case of broadcasting/multicasting message.
EN-92980 Alpha-numeric numbering inserted by planning tool is not respected in layouts with page number 28 or higher.
EN-93080 Context menu of article in Elements Panel does not allow check-out if page item is not selected on the layout
For information about installing Studio for InDesign and InCopy, see Performing a full installation of Studio for InDesign and InCopy.