Managing Studio Server and its integrated 3rd-party applications is done through the Maintenance pages of Studio Server.
Example: A maintenance page exists for setting up Brands, another for controlling user access, yet another for enabling Server plug-ins, and so on.
The pages are grouped in different categories which can be accessed from the menu bar on the left side of the page or from the Home page by clicking 'Maintenance' just above the menu bar.
Figure: The Maintenance pages are grouped in different categories.
The following Maintenance pages are available (listed in the order in which they appear in the menu):
- Brands. For creating and managing Brands, including Publication Channels, Issues, Categories, Editions, Workflow Statuses, Authorizations, Routing Rules, and Deadlines.
- Access Profiles. For creating and managing Access Profiles which control the application features that users have access to.
- User Groups. For creating and managing user groups, required to grant or deny a user access to the system.
- Users. For creating and managing accounts for users who need access to the system.
- Metadata. For creating and managing metadata properties which can be added to the interface of the client applications: Studio and Studio for InDesign and InCopy.
- Dialogs Setup. For specifying where and when the metadata properties should be displayed.
- Query Setup. For controlling the available columns for the List View in client applications and for customizing the Add Criteria list of a Custom Search in Studio for InDesign and InCopy and Studio..
- Named Queries. For creating and managing Named Queries: pre-defined queries with which users of Studio and Studio for InDesign and InCopy can quickly perform a search in Studio Server to locate particular files.
- User Queries. For sharing custom searches (created by users of Studio and Studio for InDesign and InCopy) with other users or user groups.
- Export. For exporting PDF files, articles, images, videos, or audio files from Studio Server.
- Studio Server plug-ins. For managing plug-ins that add additional functionality to Studio Server.
- Integrations. For managing integrations of 3rd-party applications.
- MadeToPrint. For creating and managing Axaio’s MadeToPrint application for automatically outputting files to print or PDF when a file reaches a particular status.
- Studio Servers. For managing Studio Server instances that need to act as an application server, file transfer server or background processor.
- Studio Server Job Queue. For managing Studio Server Jobs that are added to the queue.
- Studio Server Job Configurations. For managing Studio Server Jobs.
- InDesign Severs. For managing InDesign Server instances.
- InDesign Server Jobs. For managing InDesign Server jobs within Studio Server.
- Advanced. Contains the following applications:
- Remove by Date. For removing unused articles and/or images that have been added to the database before a specified date.
- Online Users. For viewing users that are currently logged in to Studio Server.
- Service Logs. For viewing logged user actions such as log on, log off, as well as requests made by the client applications ( Studio, and Studio for InDesign and InCopy).
- Health Check. For testing the Studio Server installation and configuration.
- Web Services SDK. Documentation about the Studio Server Web Services SDK.
- Server Logs. For accessing log files.
- Licensing. For managing licenses.