When a file is opened with Studio for InDesign and InCopy, it is saved to the local system so that it can be edited.
It is stored in the following location:
- Users/<user name>/Documents/WoodWingStudio.noindex/InCopy
- Users/<user name>/Documents/WoodWingStudio.noindex/InDesign
- C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\WoodWingStudio.noindex\InCopy
- C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\WoodWingStudio.noindex\InDesign
Actions when the file is closed
When the file is closed, the locally stored file is completely removed from the system.
Moving files to the Trash Can / Recycle Bin
To move the locally stored file to the Trash Can / Recycle Bin when the file is closed instead of completely removing it from the system, use the following option:
- File: WWSettings.xml file
- Name of option: RecycleAll
- Location: anywhere between the
Important: Make sure to validate the WWSettings.xml file for correct content. See Validating the WWSettings.xml file.