By default, the Studio panel shows all types of files: layouts, images, articles, Dossiers and so on. Most of the time though, you only want to see files of a certain type, especially when working with separate Studio panels.
This can be done by using the Studio panel Filter.
Types of files to filter on
The filter can be used to filter by the following types of files:
- Layout Modules
- All file types other than the ones listed above
Using the filter
Step 1. Access the Studio panel.
- Choose Window > Studio > Studio
Step 2. Make sure that the Studio panel is run in Browse mode (which it is by default).
Figure: The Studio panel in Browse mode.
Step 2a. From the Studio panel menu, choose Show as List.
Step 2b. From the Search menu, choose Browse.
Step 3. Do one of the following:
- Right-click anywhere on an empty area in the Search pane
- From the Studio panel menu, choose Filter
Figure: Accessing the Filter by clicking the panel menu button (A).
The Filter appears, containing the file types that can be filtered on.
Step 4. Do one of the following:
- Select none of the options to show all files of all types
- Select one or more options to only show files of these types
Step 5. Click Refresh.
For more detailed information about searching for files, including creating and saving custom searches, see Searching and locating files using Studio for InDesign and InCopy.