Before you can start working with Assets for InDesign, you need to log in to Assets Server on which the files are stored that you want to work with.
During the log-in process, the URL for Assets Server that is logged in to is stored in the preferences:
InDesign Preferences > WoodWing Assets > WoodWing Assets Server URL
Using the preference, the following can be done:
- For Assets for InDesign 4.1.0 or higher:
- Add references to different instances of Assets Server. Each reference can be chosen from the Log In dialog when manually logging in.
- Update existing references.
- Rearrange references by dragging them up or down.
- Delete a reference.
- For Assets for InDesign 4.0.0:
- Update the URL for the server that stored during the log-in process.
Info: This feature requires Assets for InDesign 4.1.0 or higher.
The references that are defined in the preference are stored in the following file:
- Windows: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\WoodWing\Elvis\
- MacOS:~/Library/Application Support/WoodWing/Elvis/woodwingAssetsServerURLConfig.json
The file is read when InDesign is started.
When needed, it can be distributed to other machines.