By default, Elvis runs under the SYSTEM account on Windows and for most use cases this is sufficient. There are a few exceptions where you need to run the Assets Server service under a (local or domain) user account.
One exception is running bulk imports where it's necessary that the Elvis user has access to shares on other servers in the network, from where files need to be imported.
Follow the following steps to assign a valid user to the Assets Server windows service:
- Create an assets-server-admin user
- Assign it to the Administrators group
- Give the user full control on the PostgreSQL data folder C:\Elvis Hot Data\dstore.
Note: It does not seem to be sufficient that the user is already amember of the Administrators group, so it is important to assign the specific user to this folder.
- Give the user full control on the Elvis logs folder C:\ProgramData\Elvis Server\Logs.
- Assign the user to Assets Server service.
- Start the Assets Server service.