This article describes how to set up a Publication Channel in Enterprise Server 9 for publishing content to a Web site running on Drupal 6.
Step 1. Access the Brand Maintenance page.
In the Maintenance menu or on the Home page, click Brands.
Step 2. Locate the Publication Channel options.
Step 3. Click Add.
The Publication Channel Maintenance page appears.
Step 4. In the Name field, enter a name.
Step 5. In the Description field, enter a description.
Step 6. From the Publication Channel Type list, choose Web.
Step 7. From the Publish System list, choose Drupal 6.
Step 8. Leave the Suggestion Provider option set to None.
Step 9. Click Create.
New items appear on the page:
- An additional property named 'Current Issue' appears below the Publication Channel Type property.
- Below the Publication Channel properties area, a section for adding Issues appears.
Step 10. Click Add Issue.
The Issue Maintenance page appears.
Step 11. Fill out the details.
Note: At the most basic level, only a name needs to be entered; all other options can also be set at a later stage by modifying the created Issue.
- Name. Name of the Issue.
- Subject. This feature is currently not functional.
- Description. Description of the Issue.
- Active. Use to deactivate the Issue. This will hide the Issue and all objects assigned to the Issue from the users without actually removing the Issue from the system
Step 12. Click Update.
Finishing the setup
Step 13. Click the arrow at the bottom of the page to return to the Publication Channel Maintenance page.
Step 14. (Optional) Add additional Issues as needed.
Step 15. Click the arrow at the bottom of the page to return to the Brand Maintenance page.
Step 16. (Optional) Add additional Publication Channels as needed.
Step 17. (Optional, only if multiple Publication Channels have been created) From the Default Publication Channel list at the top of the Brand Maintenance page, choose the default Publication Channel that should act as the default Drupal channel.
Figure: The Default Publication Channel list.