Info: This feature requires Assets 6.100 or higher.
For users, an important part of working with Assets is adding files to the system.
One of the ways of doing this is by uploading them to a folder using the Upload files button (or using the keyboard shortcut for it). Users are then presented with an upload screen through which files are uploaded based on a default business logic.
When a specific logic is needed for uploading files — such as requiring metadata based upon specific criteria (file type, location, or other metadata values), or a logic based on specific metadata value validation — the Upload button and the Upload and link button can be redirected to an external upload client that offers that logic.
How it works
The first step is to have an external upload client available that can be linked to which offers the desired upload logic.
It is the responsibility of the integrator to implement and host such an upload client; a sample is not provided by WoodWing.
It is then simply a matter of linking the Upload button to that location (see the configuration steps below).
For users, the following change in behavior occurs:
- When the Upload files button or the Upload and link button is clicked or the keyboard shortcut for it is pressed, users are directed to the external upload client. The default upload screen is bypassed.
- Uploading files using drag-and-drop or using the Browse button is disabled.
Note: It is assumed here that an external upload client is already in place and that a URL to link to that environment is available.
Step 1. In the Management Console of Assets Server, access the Server configuration > Cluster properties page.
Step 2. Set the following options and click Save when done:
- customUploadURL. The URL to the external upload client.
- customUploadTarget. The target in which to open the URL set in the customUploadURL option.
- newTab. Default value. Opens the page in a new browser tab.
- currentTab. Opens the page in the current browser tab.
Note: When an invalid value is set, the default value is used.