The Release Notes for Enterprise Server 10.9 contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues, and upgrade instructions for each release of Enterprise Server 10.9.
Note: Release Notes of other versions of Enterprise Server 10 can be found in the Release Notes section.
Enterprise Server 10.9.0 build 305
Release date: 25 March 2019
The download files for this version of Enterprise Server can be found in the Release announcement.
The following features have been introduced in this release of Enterprise Server:
Amazon Cognito has been added as one of the ways of logging in to Enterprise using single sign-on (SSO). It is also possible to implement Cognito in combination with an external SAML identity provider.
For more information, see:
With the release of Enterprise Server 10.8.0, the functionality of archiving files was partly moved from the dedicated import module to the Elvis plug-in for Enterprise Server. This applied to archiving Digital articles plus all images, audio files, and video files that are present in the Dossier in which the Digital article is stored.
With Enterprise Server 10.9.0, the functionality of archiving layouts has now also been moved from the dedicated import module to the Elvis plug-in for Enterprise Server. As a result, the import module itself is not supported anymore.
In short, the process of archiving layouts works as follows:
- An Issue is set to a particular publication date.
- At a certain period after the publication date, layouts that are assigned to the Issue are automatically archived by a scheduled action.
- During this process, the following takes place:
- The layout is added to a folder in the 'Archive Zone' in Elvis
- Files that are placed on the layout (including those on the pasteboard) are also archived to this folder (limitations and conditions apply). These files are re-linked to the layout to make it possible to restore the layout when needed.
- Output files (in PDF or EPS format) can optionally also be archived together with the layout.
- The layout is removed from Enterprise.
- The placed images are removed from Enterprise and/or (when applicable) from the Production Zone in Elvis.
For more information, see Archiving InDesign layouts to Elvis 6 from Enterprise 10.9 or higher.
By default, when a Digital article and/or one of its images is restored, the Workflow Status of that file is set to the status that is configured as the first status for that Brand.
In some workflows it might be desired to have a restored file set to a different Workflow Status than the first one. This can now be configured on the Brand Maintenance page through the following settings:
- Default Status Restored Digital Article
- Default Status Restored Image
For more information, see Archiving Digital articles to Elvis 6 from Enterprise 10.8 or higher.
The following changes have been made in this version of Enterprise Server:
- Compatibility. Various changes have been made to the compatibility between Enterprise Server and other systems, as shown in the following table.
Removed: The AMF protocol for all Web services.
Integrators should use SOAP or JSON-RPC instead.
|Apple MacOS||Stopped: Support for running Enterprise Server on MacOS.|
|Cognito||Added: Cognito can now also be used as a single sign-on (SSO) service.|
|Content Station 9||Discontinued: As a result of the removal of support for the AMF protocol, Content Station 9 cannot be used in combination with Enterprise Server 10.9 or higher.|
Stopped: Support for the import module which was previously used for archiving files from Enterprise to Elvis. All functionality has been moved to the Elvis plug-in for Enterprise Server.
As a result, the ELVIS_ARCHIVED_STATUSES option in the config_elvis.php file is also no longer supported.
Changed: The 'Author' field in Enterprise Server has been changed to a multi-value field to match the 'Creator' field in Elvis which was changed to a multi-value field in Elvis 6.43.
Removed: Support for Overruled Brands has been removed.
For the impact on custom Server plug-ins, see below.
|ProxyForSC||Added: The Proxy for Smart Connection has been upgraded to 1.3.|
Removed: Support for Zend Framework 1.
Integrators should use Zend Framework 3 instead.
- Overruled Brands and custom Server plug-ins. As a result of the removed support for Overruled Brands, integrators should check the following:
- Functions in custom Server plug-ins. When present, remove calls to the following functions:
|Removed function||Removed from class or module|
- When the following references are used in the plug-in, remove them
- The OverrulePublication flag on Issue, AdmIssue or Targets > Issue data objects.
- The 'overrulepub' field in SQL.
- The 'issue' field in SQL for the smart_states, smart_publsections and smart_editions tables.
- Note that when integrating your client application through Enterprise Server Web services, that Enterprise Server will:
- Ignore the PublicationOverrule flag in workflow Web service requests and return null in its responses.
- Show an error when the PublicationOverrule flag is set to true when creating or updating Issues through the administration Web services.
- Custom metadata properties. Setting the minimum or maximum value of a custom property to 0 (zero) now means that 0 is the limit. To set no limit, the field should be left empty. In previous versions, 0 meant that no limit is set.
- Axaio MadeToPrint. The following has been changed:
- The Axaio MadeToPrint plug-in is now provided as a dedicated Enterprise Server plug-in.
- Axaio MadeToPrint now appears on the Integration page of Enterprise Server.
- Support is now available for:
- InDesign client processing
- Prioritization of processing
- The AxaioMadeToPrint/webapps/mtpsetup.php script has been adjusted and cannot be called directly. It needs to be accessed by clicking MadeToPrint on the Integration page of Enterprise Server.
The following changes have been made to the documentation in this release of Enterprise Server.
For the Compatibility Matrix:
- Upgrading an existing installation of Enterprise Server 10 - updated
- Upgrading Enterprise Server 8 or 9 to Enterprise Server 10 - updated
For archiving layouts:
- Archiving files to Elvis 6 from Enterprise - new
- Archiving InDesign layouts to Elvis 6 from Enterprise 10.9 or higher - new
- Archiving Digital articles to Elvis 6 from Enterprise 10.8 or higher - updated
For single sign-on:
- Implementing single sign-on in Enterprise 10 - new
- Implementing single sign-on in Enterprise 10 using Amazon Cognito - new
- Implementing single sign-on in Enterprise 10 using Amazon Cognito with an external SAML identity provider - new
- Adding a custom metadata property in Enterprise Server 10 - updated
- Integration MadeToPrint in Enterprise Server 10 - updated
- Configuring the mapping of metadata fields between Enterprise 10 and Elvis 6 - updated
No known issues exist for this release of Enterprise Server.
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Enterprise Server:
EN-35745 'Access denied' message appears when user with sufficient access rights tries to create a layout.
EN-91672 Multiple cross site request forgery vulnerabilities.
EN-92069 Have WAS licensing act in accordance with the supported applications/versions.
EN-92294 MadeToPrint: Workflow Status not updated when job is completed for a layout with a placed Elvis image.
EN-92401 Some translations are based on the CompanyLanguage setting instead of the user language setting.
EN-92419 Incorrect translation for 'deadline' in German, and readability of the Deadline Maintenance pages should be improved.
EN-92420 The TransferServerCleanUp job is case sensitive.
EN-92575 Archiving fails for Digital articles and layouts created before migrating to Enterprise Server 10.8.
EN-92632 The Elvis/Enterprise integration is not compatible with Chrome 80.
EN-92818 Images of type .psd cannot be placed in a Planned image frame.
EN-92834 Article that is converted from Word to InCopy in InDesign is stored as a Word file in the database.
EN-92849 Make 'Author' field multi-value now that the Elvis 'Creator' field has become multi-value.
EN-92877 'Missing function parameter (S1000)' error when adding or updating the Workflow Status with 'Skip IDSA' option enabled.
EN-92909 Security issue related to LDAP / LDAP configuration.
EN-92941 Preview job can be unlocked before being processed.
- Full installation. For information about installing Enterprise Server on a system on which Enterprise Server is not yet installed, see Enterprise Server 10 full installation.
- Upgrading from an earlier version. For information about upgrading Enterprise Server 8 or 9 to Enterprise Server 10, see Upgrading Enterprise Server 8 or 9 to Enterprise Server 10.
- Upgrading an existing installation. For information about upgrading an existing installation of Enterprise 10 to the newly released version of Enterprise Server 10, see Upgrading an existing installation of Enterprise Server 10.
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.