Unused articles and images are those that conform to the following criteria:
- They are not placed on a layout
- They are not planned to be used
- They are not part of a Dossier
Removing unused articles and images from Studio Server can be done in the following ways:
- By adding them to the Trash Can
- By locating articles and images that have been added before a particular date
Removing by using the Trash Can
Step 1. Move the article to the Trash Can by doing one of the following:
- Using Studio for InDesign or InCopy:
- Right-click the article in the Studio panel and choose Move to Trash Can
- Using Studio:
- Right-click the article and choose Move to Trash Can
- Select the article and press Backspace
Step 2. Remove the article from the system by using Studio.
Removing articles and images added before a particular date
Unused articles and images that have been added before a specified date can also be removed by using the Remove by Date Maintenance page in Studio Server.
Step 1. In Studio Server, access the Remove by Date Maintenance application.
Step 1a. In the Maintenance menu or on the Home page, click Advanced. A page with all advanced Maintenance features appears.
Step 1b. Click Remove by Date.
The Remove by Date page appears.
Step 2. Use the Search options to locate the articles that you want to remove.
Note: Make sure to select a Brand.
Step 3. Click Find.
A message showing the number of found files appears below the Find button.
Note: When no files have been found, no unused files exist or the criteria mentioned above have not been met.
When files have been found, do the following:
Step 4. Click Show to see the files that have been found.
Step 5. Use the check-boxes in the Delete column to define which articles should be removed.
Step 6. Click Delete.
A message appears asking to confirm the action.
Step 7. Click Yes.
- 24 August 2020: Renamed from 'Removing articles from Studio Server'.
- 24 August 2020: Changed 'articles' to 'unused articles and images'.
- 24 August 2020: Added a definition of unused articles.
- 24 August 2020: Updated section 'Removing articles and images added before a particular date' by making the steps clearer.