Configuring Studio Server is done through various configuration files. These are stored in the following location:
<Studio Server path>/config
Info: These files can only be accessed on the on-premise version of Studio Server, not on the cloud version.
The following files are stored:
- config.php. Used for configuring system paths, database details, and file server details.
- config_overrule.php. Central file in which non-default settings are stored. See Using a central file to configure Studio Server.
- configserver.php. Used for configuring Studio Server features.
- componentDefs.xml. Controls article components that can be added to an article in Studio.
- config_solr.php. Used for configuring a Solr integration.
Editing the files
Take note of the following:
- Open a file in a plain-text editor such as Notepad, TextEdit, or TextWrangler.
- When editing PHP, always use forward slashes ‘/’ as path separators, and make sure to keep the correct PHP syntax.