One of the main tasks when working with Xtendis is adding documents to the system, such as copies of passports or driver licenses, e-mail communications, invoices, or any other type of document that needs to be archived.
Note: Although technically files in all formats can be added to Xtendis, for simplicity reasons we refer to files as 'documents' within the context of Xtendis.
Various tools exist in Xtendis to achieve this:
- Documents can be manually uploaded by using the Upload option in Xtendis.
- Word documents that have been checked out from Xtendis can be stored as a new version using Xtendis for Microsoft Word.
- E-mail conversations in Microsoft Outlook can be archived using Xtendis for Outlook.
- Documents such as invoices can be automatically added to the correct archive and with the correct properties using WoodWing DataEntry.
- Pages from an existing document in TIF, PNG, or JPG format can be split or copied and added as a new document.
To learn more about these subjects, follow the links above.