In a typical production process, publications reach their end of life once they have been published. They are subsequently archived to make room in the system for other publications while still having access to the files for reference or re-use.
When Assets Server is integrated with Studio Server, publications can be archived from Studio Server to Assets Server:
- InDesign layouts including placed files and optionally output files and all other files that are present in the same Dossier as the layout.
- Digital articles including any images that they contain and optionally all other files that are present in the same Dossier as the article.
- Dossiers that do not contain layouts or Digital articles.
The process for archiving files depends on the version of Studio used. For more information see the following articles:
- For version 10.13.1.
- For version 10.13.0.
- For version 10.12.
- For version 10.11.4 or any higher version of 10.11.
- For versions 10.11.1 – 10.11.3.
- For version 10.11.0
- For version 10.10.
During the archiving process, metadata fields between Studio Server and Assets Server are mapped. For more information, see Metadata mapping between Studio Server and Assets Server.