The Edition panel in Studio for InDesign can be used to view or hide content that has been assigned to a particular Edition.
When switching views between Editions, one of the following actions can take place:
- Frames on the layout that are selected stay selected or are deselected.
- "Assign" check boxes in the Edition panel remain checked or are cleared.
Controlling the functionality
This functionality can be controlled by setting it in one of the following ways:
Info: Performing the described step requires direct server access. Depending upon how your system is hosted and the level of access you have to that system, coordination may be required with your Partner or WoodWing Support team.
- File: configserver.php file (recommended: config_overrule.php file)
- Section: SERVERFEATURES
- Name of option: MaintainEditionSelection
new Feature( 'MaintainEditionSelection' ),
How the behavior is affected by the setting
The behavior of switching views between Editions with or without the option enabled is as follows:
- With the option disabled:
- Any frames that were selected are deselected.
- The Edition that is viewed will be the only Edition for which the Assign check box is checked; if any Editions had their Assign check box checked then these check boxes are cleared.
- With the option enabled:
- Any frame that is selected remains selected as long as it is assigned to the Edition that is viewed. If not, then the frame is deselected.
- Any Assign check box that was checked remains checked as long as the Edition that is viewed also has its Assign check box checked. If not, then the Edition that is viewed will be the only Edition for which the Assign check box is checked.