When the Studio panel in Studio for InDesign and InCopy is viewed in List View mode, the content of the panel can be updated automatically each time a new file is added, a file is routed to a user, the Workflow Status of a file is changed, and so on.
This is controlled by the following mechanisms:
- Live Update: (Default method) A Server Feature defined in Studio Server. It refreshes the panel only for the most essential actions.
- View Update: A feature defined on the system on which Studio for InDesign and InCopy is installed. It refreshes the panel for each action.
Using the Live Update method
Info: Performing the described step requires direct server access. Depending upon how your system is hosted and the level of access you have to that system, coordination may be required with your Partner or WoodWing Support team.
This method refreshes the panel only for the most essential actions.
- File: configserver.php file (recommended: config_overrule.php file)
- Name of option: EventPort
- Location: SERVERFEATURES list
new Feature( 'EventPort', 8093 )
Note: You are free to change the Event Port number. If you are using more than one Studio Server system on a single network, the port must differ or else clients will send and receive messages through databases that the user is not making use of.
Using the View Update method
This method refreshes the panel for each action, including when a file is opened, a version is saved, checked-in, and so on.
Note: This method results in an increase in network traffic and Server load; use this configuration with care.
- File: WWSettings.xml file
- Name of option: ViewUpdate
- Location: anywhere between the
Important: Make sure to validate the WWSettings.xml file for correct content. See Validating the WWSettings.xml file.