The Track Changes feature of InCopy allows you to track and review any changes that are made to the content of an article by each contributor (see InDesign Help 'Tracking and reviewing changes').
Using Track Changes in combination with Studio for InCopy is directly related to how your Access Rights for Track Changes are set Studio Server:
- Force Track Changes. If selected, the Track Changes functionality will be enabled when the article is checked out. When not selected, the last state that was set (Enabled or Disabled) is used.
- Turn On/Off Track Changes.
- When selected, the following components are available:
- All buttons and commands in the Track Changes panel or Track Changes toolbar
- The commands in the Changes menu
- The commands in context menus
- When not selected, none of the buttons and commands are available (with the exception of the Show/Hide Changes button which is always available)
The following table shows how the availability of the various buttons and commands is affected by both settings.
|Access Right state|
|Force Track Changes||Turn On/Off Track Changes||Track Changes panel/toolbar||
Type > Track Changes menu
|Track Changes commands in context menu|
|On||On||All buttons and menu commands are available.1||All are commands available.1||All commands are available.|
|On||Off||Only the Show/Hide Changes button is available, all other buttons and all menu commands appear dimmed.||All commands appear dimmed.||The context menu does not appear.|
|Off||On||All buttons are available.2||All commands are available.1||All commands are available.|
|Off||Off||Only the Show/Hide Changes button is available, all other buttons and all menu commands appear dimmed.||All commands appear dimmed.||The context menu does not appear.|
1 “Track Changes in Current Story” option is On.
2 The last used state of the “Track Changes in Current Story” option is used.