The Studio Desktop application communicates with other applications, including Studio Server. When the connection to Studio Server is done through a proxy server, configuration steps need to be performed.
Connecting Studio to a proxy server requires the following:
- Studio running in Google Chrome.
- The Studio Desktop application. It is assumed here that it is fully installed and running. For details, see Using the Desktop app of Studio.
- The Studio Desktop application should make use of the Electron.NET library. The configuration for this is described below.
- A web server that supports chunk encoding.
Step 1. For verifying if your web server supports chunk encoding, and for enabling the use of the Electron.NET library by the Desktop app, follow the steps described in Improving the process of checking in files in Studio.
Step 2. (For Windows only) Make sure that the following option is enabled:
- Internet properties > Connections > LAN Settings > Proxy server > Bypass proxy server for local addresses
- 22 February 2024: Updated the Requirements and the Configuration sections by references to the use of the Electron.NET library.