Through the integration of Amplitude in Studio, WoodWing anonymously tracks user behavior within the application.
This gives WoodWing insight into which features of the application are used and how they are used.
Analyzing this information makes it possible for WoodWing to improve the usability and performance of the application.
Examples of information that is tracked
Some of the information that is tracked includes:
- The workflow a user follows to perform a task (for example uploading a file through drag-and-drop instead of using the Upload button)
- The number of columns that are used in list view
- Filtering search results by choosing a file type
- Search result totals
- Technical information such as type and version of operating system and Web browser
Information that is not tracked
Please note that this tracking is fully anonymous and that private or corporate sensitive information is not tracked. This includes:
- User names or log-in credentials
- File names
- Values of properties
- Names of Brands, Issues, Categories or Statuses, or any other name that is configurable in Studio Server
Info: Performing the described step requires direct server access. Depending upon how your system is hosted and the level of access you have to that system, coordination may be required with your Partner or WoodWing Support team.
WoodWing kindly requests to keep tracking enabled so that Studio and its performance can be continuously improved. However, if you want to disable this type of tracking (for example because tracking is not allowed in your country for legal reasons), follow these steps:
Step 1. Open the following file:
<Studio Server path>/contentstation/config.js
Step 2. In the Amplitude ID section, remove the value of the amplitudeId setting.
Step 3. Save the file.