Upgrade paths for Enterprise Server
This article lists the upgrade path to follow when upgrading Enterprise Server from an older version to a newer version.
|From Enterprise Server version||To Enterprise Server version|
|4.x||Yes||- 1||- 1||- 1||- 1|
|5.0||Yes||Yes||- 1||- 1||- 1|
|6.1||-||Yes||Yes||- 1||- 1|
Legend: Yes = combination is supported. - = combination of old and new software versions is not supported.
1 It is not possible to upgrade the database at once, but you can use an older Enterprise Server to upgrade in 2 steps.
Example: Enterprise version 10 does not support upgrading from version 7 to version 10; to upgrade a version 7 database to version 10 you first have to upgrade to version 8 or 9, followed by an upgrade to version 10.
2 Our recommendation is to directly upgrade to either version 9.4.10 or to version 9.8.2. Please be aware of the following upgrade paths:
- Upgrading to version 9.4.10 can be done from versions 7.0 – 7.5.
- Upgrading to version 9.8.2 is not directly possible from version 7; this requires one of the following upgrade paths:
- An upgrade from version 7.6 to version 9.6 and then to 9.8.2
- An upgrade from version 7 to version 8 and then to 9.8.2
- 27 September 2016: Added footnote 2 which specifies the upgrade path from version 7 to version 9 in more detail.
- 27 September 2016: Updated the upgrade path for version 7 to version 10 from 'Yes' to 'Not possible'.