Info: This feature requires Studio 11.114 or higher.
When an Media component such as an Image, Product, or Slideshow is added to a Digital article, one of the ways of adding an image to the component is by uploading a file that is stored on the local system. This can be done in the following ways:
- By dragging the file onto the component.
- By dragging the file onto the drop area of the Attachments panel.
- By using the Browse button in the Attachments panel.
During this process, the file is directly added to the system. However, if the file contains metadata fields that are mandatory to fill in, the user is not prompted to add the required information.
As a result, such files end up in the system with incomplete metadata.
Disabling the upload
To prevent this from happening, the process of uploading files through the Digital editor can be disabled by enabling the following feature on the Features page in the Management Console of Studio:
- Disable uploading files
- The Browse button in the drop area of the Attachments panel is removed.
- Local files cannot be uploaded by dragging them onto article components or onto the upload section of the Attachments panel. When users try to do so, a notification is shown.
Note: Files from the following locations can still be added to a component: