Elvis 6 can be tightly integrated with Enterprise Server 10 to make the assets that are stored in Elvis available in the workflow of Enterprise. This makes it possible to:
- Add files from Elvis 6 to Enterprise 10
- Add files from Enterprise 10 to Elvis 6
- Archive Enterprise files in Elvis
- Restore layouts that are stored in Elvis
- Restore Digital articles that are archived in Elvis
- Map and synchronize metadata fields
- Use Elvis images in Content StationWorking with the components of a Digital article in Content Station Aurora
- Copy components from archived Digital articles to Content Station
This article provides details about the technical process, explains the different ways of working with Elvis files in Enterprise, and shows where information can be found about installing and configuring the integration.
The following figure shows an overview of the architecture of the integration.
- Elvis Server. Manages all files which can be placed on layouts or that can be stored (as a reference) in Dossiers in Enterprise. Such files include images, videos, audio files, documents and so on.
- Enterprise Server. Manages the workflow process and stores the layouts, articles, and Dossiers (and optionally other files that can be placed on a layout).
- Elvis Content Source. The Elvis Content Source plug-in for Enterprise links Elvis Server with Enterprise Server. It manages all file operations performed by Enterprise on files that are stored in Elvis. It also makes it possible to add files from Elvis to Enterprise via Content Station.
- Elvis InDesign client. (Optional) A plug-in for InDesign that links InDesign with Elvis Server, thereby shortening the communication between InDesign and Elvis (meaning: when Smart Connection needs a file from Elvis and the Elvis InDesign client is installed, the request will be handled through the Elvis InDesign client instead of through Enterprise Server). The Elvis InDesign client also makes it possible to place files directly from Elvis onto a layout.
Note: The use of this plug-in is optional, but recommended. It is optional in relation to adding files from Elvis to Enterprise: this can also be done by first adding the file to a Dossier in Content Station; it is recommended because of the performance improvement that is created by the shorter communication with Elvis Server.
- Smart Connection. A set of plug-ins for InDesign that links InDesign with Enterprise Server so that layouts, articles and other files of the Enterprise workflow can be worked on.
Adding files from Elvis to Enterprise
Files that are stored in Elvis can be added to the Enterprise workflow in the following ways:
- By dragging them onto a Dossier in the Pinned Dossiers panel of the Elvis Pro client.
- By dragging them from the Elvis Pro client to Content Station.
- By dragging them from the Elvis Pro client onto a layout in InDesign. Depending on the configuration, the file is then automatically added to Enterprise or can be added manually.
For more information, see Adding files from Elvis 6 to Enterprise 10.
Adding files from Enterprise to Elvis
Info: This feature requires Enterprise Server 10.6.0 or higher and only applies to images.
The integration between Elvis and Enterprise can be configured in such a way that when an image is added to Enterprise it is automatically stored in Elvis instead of in the File Store of Enterprise Server.
For more information, see Controlling how files are stored in the Elvis 6 - Enterprise 10 integration.
Installation and configuration steps
The steps for installing and configuring the integration depend on the version of Enterprise Server used. For more information, see the following articles:
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.