Assets version: 126.96.36.1992
Release date: 19 May 2020
The following feature has been added in this release of Assets:
- Fit Search results to window. When browsing files in the Search results pane, it can be beneficial to view them without the Folder browser, the Filter, or any of the panels open. Instead of manually closing them, they can now be quickly hidden and displayed by clicking the Fit to Window icon at the bottom of the pane or by pressing Alt+V.
Assets 6.48 is based on the Pro client of Elvis 6.47 and is technically the same. Apart from re-branding it by changing logos and product name references at various places, only the following changes have been made:
- New background image for the sign in page. A new background image for the sign in page is used.
New installations automatically make use of this image but when upgrading older versions, the background image is not upgraded.
When needed, implementing the new image in upgraded installations can be done by copying the file named background.jpg from the following location:
and use it to replace the existing file in:
- Keyboard shortcuts. The following has changed:
Open in new tab
Open a previewed file in a new tab
Fit search results to window
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Assets:
LVS-14669 Unexpected results when browsing a folder structure containing nested Collections while using the display option 'subfolders and collections'.
LVS-14778 When uploading a new file to a Shared Link, the file is not immediately displayed.
LVS-14802 Filters are not remembered between sessions.
LVS-14831 Values do not appear in Panel plug-ins after selecting a folder.
LVS-14851 Collection is not highlighted when dragging it.
LVS-14885 The Download counter does not always show the correct number of downloads.
LVS-14892 Search filters cause multiple refreshes and unexpected results.
LVS-14893 History panel shows incorrect metadata field labels when German locale is used.
LVS-14896 Lists in Preview mode appear with white background and black text instead of dark background with light text.
LVS-14916 Folders are out of view in the Folder browser.
LVS-14928 Unable to rename a folder or Collection when running Assets in Firefox.
LVS-14942 After a high-resolution image is loaded in the Preview window, the loader icon does not disappear.
LVS-14947 Use Cmd/Ctrl+Backspace keyboard shortcuts for deleting an asset instead of just Backspace.
LVS-14950 Elvis Agent on Windows creates an invisible click-spot for maximizing the window.
LVS-14955 Add a keyboard shortcut for opening a file in a new tab from within the Preview window.
The following known issues exists in this release of Assets:
- PDF previews not working on Chrome. Due to an update of Google Chrome, PDF previews may not load properly anymore. This affects the following file types:
- Localization API does not return default messages used in the client. The localization API does not return default messages from the client. However, it still returns field labels and custom messages. If your customization relies on a message key from Assets, add the key and expected value as a custom message.
- Copying components from archived Digital articles does not work with specific Web browsers. Copying an article component from an archived Digital article using Studio only works when using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, it does not work with Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge.
Assets is shipped as part of Assets Server. The download files for this release can be found in the Release announcement.
Installing Assets is done by installing Assets Server.
Documentation for Assets is available on Help Center:
Note: Some screenshots in the product documentation may still show Elvis products. This will be updated over the coming weeks.