When working on a layout on which files are placed that are stored in Assets Server, you may run into a scenario where the link between the files on the layout and those in Assets Server need to be restored or recreated.
Files can be re-linked individually or all at the same time.
Note: It is assumed here that are logged in to Assets Server in InDesign.
To update all files at the same time, do one of the following:
- Choose WoodWing Assets > Relink All Files
- From the Links panel menu, choose WoodWing Assets > Relink All Files
To update one or more individual files, do one of the following:
- Select the file frame and choose WoodWing Assets > Relink File
- Select the file frame, right-click the frame and choose WoodWing Assets > Relink File
- Select one or more files in the Links panel and from the panel menu, choose WoodWing Assets > Relink File
- Select one or more files in the Links panel, right-click any of the files in the panel and choose WoodWing Assets > Relink File
A message appears asking you to confirm that you want to relink the files.
When during the process multiple matching files are found, you are asked which of the files to link to.
In case all files that you are relinking are located in the same folder, click the option 'Relink all selected images to assets from the same Assets folder'. Any matches that are found are then automatically resolved without displaying the message.