For each Workflow Status that can be defined in Studio Server, the following settings can be set:
- Order. Order in which the Status needs to appear in the Status list and thereby in the user interfaces of the client applications.
- Status. Name of the Status.
Note: The name of a Status that is set up for a Brand-overruling Issue cannot be the same as the Status of the same file type on Brand level.
- Output. Select this option when an action needs to be performed when the file reaches the Status.
- For layout Statuses: a PDF (default), EPS, or high-res JPG will be created (depending on the configuration).
- For article Statuses: an XML file of the composed text will be created. Note the following:
- The XML file is only created when the article is checked-in using InDesign, InDesign Server, or InCopy. It is not created when checking-in the article using Studio.
- This file can be used in external systems. For information about the article schema of the XML file, see article.xsd__1.zip (10 March 2014, 2KB).
- For Task Statuses: any files that were added to the Task will be added to the Dossier containing this Task.
- Create Permanent Version. Select this option when a permanent version of the file needs to be created when the file reaches the Status. This version is never automatically removed, even when the maximum number of versions is reached. See Saving file versions with Studio Server .
Note: When archiving Digital articles to Assets Server, the Create Permanent Version option should be disabled for images, videos, and audio files.
- Remove Intermediate Versions. Select this option when all older, non-permanent versions of the file need to be removed when the file reaches the Status. See Saving file versions with Studio Server.
- Ready to be Published. Select this option to indicate that files assigned to the status are considered ready to be published.
- Skip InDesign Server Automation. (Available for articles, images, layouts, Layout Modules, and spreadsheets. Only visible when the Studio Server plug-in named Setting up InDesign Server Automation in Studio Server is enabled.) Select this option when the InDesign Server Automation feature should not be triggered for this Status.
- Send to Archive. (Requires Studio Server 10.11.2) Select this option when files that are set to this status should be archived to Assets Server (known as 'Status Based' archiving, see Archiving files from Studio Server 10.11.1 or higher to Assets Server.)
- Next Status. Define the next Status after this Status. When a user chooses the 'Send File To' or 'Send File to Next' command, this is the status that the file will be set to.
- Phase. Currently not used by Studio Server.
- Color. The color associated with this Status. The color appears in various places, such as in the Publication Overview application in Studio.
- Deadline. (This option only appears when 'Activate Relative Deadlines' is selected on the Brand Maintenance page. For previous versions, the option is displayed by default.) Enter a relative deadline specific for this Status.
- 9 March 2021: Added the option 'Send to Archive'.