This article explains how to set up a MySQL 8.0 database for Studio Server.
When performing a clean installation, follow the instructions as outlined on dev.mysql.com:
When performing an upgrade, follow these steps:
Step 1. Upgrade the version of MySQL.
Step 2. Migrate the data.
Creating the database
Step 1. Connect to the MySQL server.
Step 2. Create a new database schema, for example named 'Studio'.
Make sure that:
- The character set is either ‘utf8’ or ‘utf8mb3’.
- The collation is set to ‘utf8_general_ci’.
- 19 May 2021: Changed references of MySQL to version 8.
- 19 May 2021: Removed steps for installing phpMyAdmin.
- 19 May 2021: Re-written the steps for creating the database.