Changing the time-out period for Solr may be necessary when time-outs occur while indexing many objects.
Info: This article can be used for Solr 4, Solr 6, and Solr 7.
Do one of the following:
Tip: (For Enterprise Server 10.1 or higher only) Easily manage and configure settings of all configuration files by adding them to a single configuration file.
- Recommended method: In the solrconfig.xml file , change settings such as ramBufferSizeMB, mergeFactor, and autoCommit.
- <Solr installation directory>/<corename>/conf/
- In the solr_config.php file, change the value of the SOLR_TIMEOUT setting.
Note: The time is defined in seconds.
- <Enterprise installation directory>/config/
define ('SOLR_TIMEOUT', 5);
- 5 September 2018: Added that this article also applies to Solr 7.