Files that are stored in Swivle can be easily shared by using the Brand portal.
This is done by sending a hyperlink (referred to as a 'Shared Link') to the recipient. This hyperlink gives that recipient access to only those files in Swivle that you share.
Figure: Files when viewing them in a Shared Link created by using the Brand portal.
Who you can share the files with
The Shared Link can be sent to anyone, including those that do not exist as a user in Swivle. It is not required to log in to view the files.
What users can do with the shared files
When users access the Shared link, they can do the following:
- Preview files
- Download files
How long Shared Links stay active
Shared Links are automatically set to end three months after the creation date.
Editing Shared Links
In the Brand portal, created Shared Links cannot be edited. This means that once a Shared Link is created in the Brand portal, you cannot change the name, the permissions, or the date when it will expire.
Note: If you have access to it, Shared Links can be edited in Swivle.
Creating the Shared Link
Tip: When sharing files that are stored in multiple locations, add them to the Basket first. This way you can share them in one action instead of sharing files one-by-one or in small groups.
Note: The options to share files described in the following steps are not available when the system manager has disabled the option for sharing files in the portal that you are viewing.
Step 1. Do one of the following:
- To share an individual file:
- Select the file and click the Share icon in the thumbnail for that file (see figure below).
- Select the file and in the menu bar, click Share.
- Right-click the file and from the context menu that appears, choose Share.
- Select the file and press keyboard shortcut S.
- To share multiple files:
- Select the files and in the menu bar, click Share in the menu bar.
- Add the files to the Basket and click Share All.
The Shared Link is created and shown in a window.
Step 2. Do one of the following:
- Click the link to open it in the Web browser.
- Right-click the link and choose Copy link address from the context menu or click the Copy link button (note: the 'Copy link' button is not available in Safari).
Step 3. Share the link in some way, for example by including it in an e-mail that you send to all users who you want to see the files.