This article describes the compatibility of Studio with other systems.
Use the links for more detailed information about a specific product version and its compatibility with other systems.
Info: Versions that are not supported or have reached their end of life are not listed.
Studio is run in a Web browser. Refer to the system requirements of one of the compatible Web browsers that are listed later in this article.
Operating systems (Desktop application)
Compatibility of the Desktop application with operating systems.
The Desktop application can be used with the following versions of Windows:
|Windows 11||Requires the Desktop app version 4.0.10 (shipped with Studio 11.123) or higher.|
The Desktop application can be used with the following versions of macOS:
|macOS 14 (Sonoma)||Studio is not yet compatible with macOS 14 (Sonoma). As further details are made available, updates will be posted to the Studio release calendar and our Upcoming website.|
|Requires version 4.0.12 (shipped with Studio 11.130) or higher.|
|macOS 10.14 reached its end of life October 25, 2021.|
|macOS 10.13 reached its end of life December 1, 2020.|
Studio can be used with the following Web browsers:
Note: Only the latest version of the listed Web browser is supported.
1 Cannot be used for automatically checking out files in their native application.
2 Using it for automatically checking out files in their native application requires Studio 11.126 or higher.
Studio can be used with the following versions of Adobe InDesign and InCopy:
|Adobe 2020||Requires Studio for InDesign and InCopy 1 for 2020 or
Smart Connection version 15 for Adobe 2020.
|Adobe CC 2019||Requires Smart Connection 14 for Adobe CC 2019.|
|Adobe CC 2018||Requires Smart Connection 13 for Adobe CC 2018.|
|Adobe CC 2017||Requires Smart Connection 12 for Adobe CC 2017.|
Apple processors (Desktop application)
The Desktop application can be used on Apple systems with the following processors:
|M2||Requires version 11.137 or higher.|
|M1||All versions. However, best performance is available
in version 4.0.13 (shipped with Studio 11.136) or higher.
|Any older processor||All versions.|
Assets Server / Elvis Server
Studio can be used with the following versions of Assets Server and Elvis Server:
|Elvis 6 Server|
Studio Server / Enterprise Server
Each year on July 1, the oldest server version is changed to the server version of 3 years ago.
- Studio Server versions 10.10 and higher: supported.
- Enterprise Server versions 10.7 – 10.9: supported until 1 July 2023.
- Enterprise Server versions 10.4 – 10.6: supported until 1 July 2022.
- Enterprise Server versions 10.1* – 10.3: supported until 1 October 2021.
* Does not support the multichannel Edition.
- 23 November 2023: Updated section 'Apple processors' with support for M2.
- 23 November 2023: Added information for macOS 14 (Sonoma) for the Desktop app.
- 15 March 2023: Updated the Adobe section.
- 23 February 2023: Added section 'Apple processors (Desktop application)'.
- 23 November 2022: Added support for macOS 13 (Ventura) for the Desktop app.
- 16 November 2022: Updated section 'Adobe' with Adobe 2023.
- 21 September 2022: Added Microsoft Edge as a supported Web browser for checking out files.
- 7 September 2022: Added Windows 11 to section 'Operating systems (Desktop application)'.