The status of any InDesign Server Job that enters the system can be followed by using the InDesign Server Jobs Maintenance page of Studio Server.
Access the page by doing the following:
Step 1. Click Integrations in the Maintenance menu or on the Home page.
Step 2. In the InDesign Server Jobs section, click InDesign Server Jobs. The InDesign Server Jobs page appears.
- The InDesign Server list shows all InDesign Server instances that have been defined through the Overview of InDesign Servers page.
- The Search area can be used for filtering the list of Server Jobs.
- The Jobs list shows all Server Jobs that are available in the system.
Re-starting Background Jobs
Background jobs that have already completed but for some reason need to be run again can be re-started by clicking the Force-Start Handling Background Jobs button () to the right of the job.
Viewing log statements
Log statements of InDesign Server that were logged when the job was processed can be viewed by clicking the log icon (the white rectangle in the third column from the right).
Note: In Studio Server 10.11.0 or higher this is only available when INDESIGNSERV_LOGTODEVICES is set to jobqueue. See Controlling InDesign Server Job logging in Studio Server.
Refreshing the InDesign Server Jobs Page
Refreshing the InDesign Server Jobs page can be done manually or automatically.
- Manual refresh. Click the Refresh button () at the top of the page.
- Auto refresh. Enter a value in the Refresh box to indicate the time interval in seconds between each refresh. (Leave the box blank to disable automatic refreshing). After entering or changing a value, click the Refresh button () at the top of the page to implement the change.