Info: The described step can only be performed on the on-premise version of Studio Server, not on the cloud version.
Studio Server can warn a user when a deadline is near. However, a user should also be aware how much time is left until the deadline is reached.
The deadline status is communicated to users in 2 ways:
- In the form of colored icons in "Deadline (Icon") column of the Studio panel in Studio for InDesign and InCopy, and the Document pane of Studio:
- A green icon when the deadline is not yet passed
- A red icon when the deadline has passed
- In the form of a message that appears when an InDesign or InCopy user opens a document.
In this default configuration, the user can tell by the green icon that the deadline is not yet passed but has no way of knowing how much time is still left (a month, a week, a day?).
By defining a deadline warning time — referred to as the "soft deadline" — with an agreed upon time period (for example 2 days before the deadline ends), the user has a much clearer way of knowing how much time is left.
- A yellow icon is shown in the "Deadline (Icon") of the Studio panel in Studio for InDesign and InCopy, and the Document pane of Studio.
- The following message appears when opening a layout or article in InDesign or InCopy:
"Document <document name> is nearing its deadline."
This deadline warning time is controlled by the following option:
- File: configserver.php file (recommended: config_overrule.php file)
- Name of option: DEADLINE_WARNTIME
- Possible values: any number (specifying the number of seconds)
Alternatively, it can be multiplied by the number of days and hours by using the following format:
number of days*number of hours*number of seconds
- Default setting: 2*24*3600 (two days)
define ('DEADLINE_WARNTIME', 2*24*3600);