When a layout designer places an article on a layout, the location and size of the frame that holds the article and its components is stored in Studio Server.
Making adjustments to the position or size of these text frames from within InCopy can be done by using the Resize Text Frame toolbar that is part of Studio for InCopy.
This article explains how this is done.
Accessing the toolbar
Choose Window > Studio > Resize Text Frame Toolbar.
The toolbar contains the following options:
- X field. Holds the X-coordinate value of the text frame.
- Y field. Holds the Y-coordinate value of the text frame.
- W field. Holds the width value of the text frame.
- H field. Holds the height value of the text frame.
- Menu. Contains options for adding or removing lines.
The options in the toolbar are available when:
- The opened article is placed on a layout.
- The article is opened together with layout geometry information (meaning: the article is not opened by right-clicking an article in the Studio panel and choosing 'Open without Design').
- The article is viewed in Galley view or Layout view (not in Story view).
- You have been given sufficient access rights.
After entering a value in one of the fields, confirm the entry by doing one of the following:
- Press Tab to move to another field in the toolbar.
- Press Shift+Tab to keep the changed value selected.
- Click anywhere in the document.
Tip: Although entering values can be done in Galley view as well as in Layout view, we advise to perform this action when in Layout view so that the effect in relation to other layout items can be seen.
The following actions can be performed:
- Changing the position of the text frame. Do this by entering a value in the X-field and / or Y-field.
- Changing the size of the text frame. Do one of the following:
- Enter a value in the W-field or H-field.
- Add or remove lines from the text by choosing 'Add Line' or 'Remove Line' from the toolbar menu.
Note: Use this method when you just want to remove or add some space that is equivalent to a line space (leading).