When an Element Label is created, its settings are stored in a configuration file named ElementTags.xml.
This file can be shared with other users so that each member of the team make use of the same list of Element Labels without having to manually create the list themselves.
Sharing a list of Element Labels can be done by distributing the ElementTags.xml file from one system to another.
Step 1. Set up a list on one of the systems with Studio for InDesign installed.
Step 2. Distribute the ElementTags.xml file to the other systems. The location of the file is as follows:
- For Studio for InDesign 16.3.1 or any version of version 16 higher than 16.3.1:
- Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\WoodWing\ElementLabel
- macOS: Users:<User_Name>:Library:Application Support:WoodWing:ElementLabel
Note: The location of this file can also bee seen in InDesign Preferences > Element Labels.
- For Studio for InDesign 16.3.0:
- <InDesign application folder>\Plug-Ins\WoodWing\
- 31 August 2021: Updated information about the location of the configuration file in version 16.3.1 and higher.