Portals can be used for promoting specific material such as brochures and products. From it, visitors can download and optionally share files.
Promoting folders or Collections for increased visibility and findability is done by adding them to the front page of a Portal, in combination with a title, header, and a short description.
This article explains how to manage Portals.
Access the Management Console by logging in to Swivle or the Brand Portal and clicking Management Console in the Avatar menu. In the menu on the left, click Portals.
Managing metadata fields is done on the Portals page in the Management Console.
Managing Portals involves the following steps:
- Configuring the Portal settings and access to the Portal and content in Swivle.
- Configuring the Portal Home page.
Each is explained in the following sections.
1. Configuring settings and access
In this step, settings such as the Portal URL, user options and accessibility to the Portal itself and content to Swivle is configured.
Step 1. In the list of available Portals, do one of the following:
- Click the +-sign to create a new Portal.
- Select an existing Portal that you want to modify.
The Access settings appear.
Step 2. Configure the settings:
|Define a representative URL for the Portal. Use a hyphen (-) instead of a space; do not use characters such as \ / : * ? " < > | # ;.
|Define if the Portal is publicly accessible or password protected.
|Define is users should be allowed to share files.
|Visible in Portal
Define which folders, Collections, and files should be accessible by selecting a folder and / or defining a query.
Tip: We recommend selecting a root folder for a Portal, because the complete folder path will appear in the navigation and in the metadata.
Step 3. Click Save.
Optional settings for customizing the branding or configuring Download presets can be accessed by clicking one of the tabs at the top of the page.
- Use the Branding settings to customize the look & feel of the portal to match the brand or product. For more information, see Branding your Swivle environment.
- Use the Download presets settings to make custom presets available with which visitors of the portal can download files in specific file formats, quality settings and more. For more information, see Setting up Download presets in Swivle.
2. Configuring the Home page
In this step, the header is set and the folders and / or Collections to promote are added.
Step 1. In the list of available Portals, select the Portal for which you want to configure the Home page.
Step 2. At the bottom of the page, click Open Portal in edit mode.
Note: All changes that are made in Edit mode will be automatically saved and published to the live Portal.
The Portal appears with options to set the header and promote folders or Collections.
Step 3. Set the header by:
- Adding an image from your local system. The image should have a size of 1920x477px, be in JPG or PNG format, and not bigger than 3MB.
- Entering a title and description.
Step 4. Promote a folder or Collection by:
- Clicking the +-sign and browsing to the folder or Collection.
- Adding a custom image.
- Adding a short description.
- Changing the order of the folders or Collections by clicking the < > buttons.
Step 5. To see the changes you made, click Open Portal in the top right of the page.