The Smart Mover Release Notes contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues and upgrade instructions for each release of Smart Mover version 10.
The versions are sorted by version number in descending order. Use the Navigation block to the right of the page to quickly navigate to the information of a released version.
Smart Mover 10.1.3 - build 15
Release date: 29 October 2018
The following change has been implemented in this release of Smart Mover:
- Post URL Task now includes a “User-Agent” in the HTTP header.
The following issue has been fixed in this release of Smart Mover:
- Smart Mover Manager incompatibility with MacOS 10.14.
Smart Mover 10.1.0 - build 14
Release date: 3 September 2018
The following new features have been added in this release of Smart Mover:
- Google Translate Task added.
- AWS Translate Task added.
Note: The following languages are currently not supported by AWS but have been included in the setup window since they will be available soon: Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hebrew, Polish, and Swedish.
- Elvis query based Task values can now be calculated using a one-line RB Script (see Appendix C in the User Guide).
The following changes been implemented in this release of Smart Mover:
- When editing a Process the Available Tasks list group was renamed "Internet & Cloud" instead of just "Internet".
- Enterprise Upload now includes an option to replace GUIDs for WCML articles.
- Enterprise Folder Upload now includes option to replace GUIDs for WCML articles.
- Enterprise Copy now includes an option to put a space between the object name and the suffix being added.
- Facebook Upload has been removed. Existing Tasks may continue to run but may begin to fail at some point.
- Enterprise Admin Transfer will now transfer Statuses as long as both servers are Enterprise Server 10.2 or newer.
- Improved Log message detail when unable to get an Enterprise object.
- Improved Proxy support for Authorization.
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Smart Mover:
- Search & Replace, Image File Processing SIPS/IM, Convert File Encoding could try to process some sub folders as files generating an error.
- Search & Replace, Image File Processing SIPS/IM, Convert File Encoding might fail to return an error when it should when processing files in sub folders.
Various Enterprise Task setup windows would not include User Queries.
The Smart Mover User Guide has been updated.
Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10
Release date: 26 October 2017
The following new features have been added in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- Preference to set the TLS version used for HTTPS connections specifically for Enterprise.
- Preference to optionally verify the host name when using HTTPS on Enterprise.
- Placing a certificate file in the "SmartMoverService/TLSCertificates/Enterprise/" folder will use that certificate to verify all HTTPS connections to Enterprise.
- Preference to set the TLS version used for HTTPS connections specifically for Elvis.
- Preference to optionally verify a host name when using HTTPS on Elvis.
- Placing a certificate file in the "SmartMoverService/TLSCertificates/Elvis/" folder will use that certificate to verify all HTTPS connections to Elvis.
- "Preferences > Logs > Log HTTP Data" now not only includes all Enterprise and Elvis communications but also HTTPS handshaking and certificate verification detail. (This can be used to help debug certificate problems.)
- Post URL, SOAP XML-RPC, JSON-RPC Tasks using HTTPS allow you to optionally set a certificate used to verify the host. You can also verify the host name.
- Added new Task: "Convert JSON Files to XML".
The following change has been implemented in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- SSL is no longer supported. Instead you must use TLS. All existing Tassk will default to TLS. This includes all Enterprise and Elvis related Tasks, Get Mail, Send Mail, Send Folder Mail List, Post URL, SOAP XML-RPC, JSON-RPC.
- All apps are now 64-bit. 32-bit Libs are not required for Linux installs.
- New system requirements imposed:
Smart Mover Manager
- Mac OS: 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: 7 SP1, 8.1, 10
Smart Mover Service
- Mac OS / Mac OS Server: 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: 7, 8.1, 10, Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Linux (or newer): Mint 16, Ubuntu 12.04, CentOS 7, Debian 6, OpenSUSE 11.3, Fedora 13.
Other Linux distributions may work but all require: glib 2.0, glibc-2.14, libstdc++.so.6.0.13
An updated Smart Mover User Guide is available.
The following issues have been fixed in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- Small memory leaks were fixed in several places including Search & Replace, Copy Files and Delete Files Tasks.
- Facebook Task setup "Get Albums" could cause an error.
- Facebook Task setup "Authorization" could fail to return a token.
- Enterprise XML Upload now checks validity of any external http references before uploading.