The Smart Mover Release Notes contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues and upgrade instructions for each release of Smart Mover version 10.
The versions are sorted by version number in descending order. Use the Navigation block to the right of the page to quickly navigate to the information of a released version.
Smart Mover 10.2.0 - build 17
Release date: 9 May 2019
The following new features have been added in this release of Smart Mover:
- The Enterprise Download, Enterprise to Elvis Transfer, Enterprise Transfer, Enterprise Mod MetaData Tasks all now include the option to set their Status to a given Name. This is in addition to the existing option "Set to Next".
Note: It is important that the provided Status Name exists for all the Brand and Object Type combinations that are selected by the query. If that Status Name is invalid for a particular object then an error will be generated and the current Status will not be changed.
- The Elvis Download, Elvis Check Out & In, Elvis Transfer to Enterprise, Elvis Mod MetaData, and Elvis Delete Assets Tasks now allow the use of a "Query String" in addition to the existing "Query Builder" to select the assets that should be acted upon.
The "Query String" uses the same syntax as the Elvis Pro Client app "Search" field. This way, the string can be constructed using the Pro Client and then copied and pasted into the Smart Mover setup window. Keep in mind that the "Query String" will not apply any Filters that you may be using in the Pro Client; it must therefore select the appropriate assets without Filters.
If you have both a "Query String" and a query built with the "Builder" then only the "Query String" will be used to select the desired assets and the "Builder" setting will be ignored.
For more detailed information about the "Query String" syntax, click the link located just below the field in the Task Setup window or visit Searching for files in Elvis 6 by using a query.
Note: AWS Elvis 5 installations with Elastic and Application Load Balancers are supported.
- The Enterprise Mod MetaData Task now includes the option to "unlock" (abort check-out) the selected objects.
Note: Use this feature carefully; improperly unlocking objects could lead to workflow problems.
- The Enterprise Mod MetaData Task now allows you to copy field values from one metadata field into another for each selected object. This is done by entering a valid Xpath statement proceeded with a "&" into the "value" for that field. For example if you wanted to put the Status Name of the Object into a custom field then set its "Value" to "&//WorkflowMetaData/State/Name".
- The AWS Translate and Google Translate Tasks can now also translate Print articles (.wcml files).
The following changes have been implemented in this release of Smart Mover:
- The Twitter character limit has been increased to 280.
- The AWS Translate Task no longer requires one language to be English. AWS removed this requirement so this change was made.
- The AWS Translate Task now also supports Korean and Indonesian.
- The "Smart Mover Error Files" folder has been moved from the "Smart Mover Service Support" folder into the "Base Path".
Note: This was done to allow easier access to the files and possibly use a Smart Mover Process to manage them. Any existing files will automatically be moved to the new location when Smart Mover Service 10.2.0 is first launched.
If you have to revert to an older version of SMS then a new folder in the old location will be created and used, potentially resulting in files in both locations.
The new error folder in the "Base Path" has been named "SMS_Error_Files".
The following changes have been made to the documentation in this release of Smart Mover:
- Smart Mover User Guide - updated
- Compatibility of operating systems with Smart Mover 10 - updated
Smart Mover 10.1.3 - build 15
Release date: 29 October 2018
The following change has been implemented in this release of Smart Mover:
- Post URL Task now includes a “User-Agent” in the HTTP header.
The following issue has been fixed in this release of Smart Mover:
- Smart Mover Manager incompatibility with MacOS 10.14.
Smart Mover 10.1.0 - build 14
Release date: 3 September 2018
The following new features have been added in this release of Smart Mover:
- Google Translate Task added.
- AWS Translate Task added.
Note: The following languages are currently not supported by AWS but have been included in the setup window since they will be available soon: Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hebrew, Polish, and Swedish.
- Elvis query based Task values can now be calculated using a one-line RB Script (see Appendix C in the User Guide).
The following changes been implemented in this release of Smart Mover:
- When editing a Process the Available Tasks list group was renamed "Internet & Cloud" instead of just "Internet".
- Enterprise Upload now includes an option to replace GUIDs for WCML articles.
- Enterprise Folder Upload now includes option to replace GUIDs for WCML articles.
- Enterprise Copy now includes an option to put a space between the object name and the suffix being added.
- Facebook Upload has been removed. Existing Tasks may continue to run but may begin to fail at some point.
- Enterprise Admin Transfer will now transfer Statuses as long as both servers are Enterprise Server 10.2 or newer.
- Improved Log message detail when unable to get an Enterprise object.
- Improved Proxy support for Authorization.
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Smart Mover:
- Search & Replace, Image File Processing SIPS/IM, Convert File Encoding could try to process some sub folders as files generating an error.
- Search & Replace, Image File Processing SIPS/IM, Convert File Encoding might fail to return an error when it should when processing files in sub folders.
Various Enterprise Task setup windows would not include User Queries.
The Smart Mover User Guide has been updated.
Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10
Release date: 26 October 2017
The following new features have been added in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- Preference to set the TLS version used for HTTPS connections specifically for Enterprise.
- Preference to optionally verify the host name when using HTTPS on Enterprise.
- Placing a certificate file in the "SmartMoverService/TLSCertificates/Enterprise/" folder will use that certificate to verify all HTTPS connections to Enterprise.
- Preference to set the TLS version used for HTTPS connections specifically for Elvis.
- Preference to optionally verify a host name when using HTTPS on Elvis.
- Placing a certificate file in the "SmartMoverService/TLSCertificates/Elvis/" folder will use that certificate to verify all HTTPS connections to Elvis.
- "Preferences > Logs > Log HTTP Data" now not only includes all Enterprise and Elvis communications but also HTTPS handshaking and certificate verification detail. (This can be used to help debug certificate problems.)
- Post URL, SOAP XML-RPC, JSON-RPC Tasks using HTTPS allow you to optionally set a certificate used to verify the host. You can also verify the host name.
- Added new Task: "Convert JSON Files to XML".
The following change has been implemented in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- SSL is no longer supported. Instead you must use TLS. All existing Tassk will default to TLS. This includes all Enterprise and Elvis related Tasks, Get Mail, Send Mail, Send Folder Mail List, Post URL, SOAP XML-RPC, JSON-RPC.
- All apps are now 64-bit. 32-bit Libs are not required for Linux installs.
- New system requirements imposed:
Smart Mover Manager
- Mac OS: 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: 7 SP1, 8.1, 10
Smart Mover Service
- Mac OS / Mac OS Server: 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: 7, 8.1, 10, Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Linux (or newer): Mint 16, Ubuntu 12.04, CentOS 7, Debian 6, OpenSUSE 11.3, Fedora 13.
Other Linux distributions may work but all require: glib 2.0, glibc-2.14, libstdc++.so.6.0.13
An updated Smart Mover User Guide is available.
The following issues have been fixed in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- Small memory leaks were fixed in several places including Search & Replace, Copy Files and Delete Files Tasks.
- Facebook Task setup "Get Albums" could cause an error.
- Facebook Task setup "Authorization" could fail to return a token.
- Enterprise XML Upload now checks validity of any external http references before uploading.