The Smart Mover Release Notes contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues and upgrade instructions for each release of Smart Mover version 10.
The versions are sorted by version number in descending order. Use the Navigation block to the right of the page to quickly navigate to the information of a released version.
Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10
Release date: 26 October 2017
The following new features have been added in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- Preference to set the TLS version used for HTTPS connections specifically for Enterprise.
- Preference to optionally verify the host name when using HTTPS on Enterprise.
- Placing a certificate file in the "SmartMoverService/TLSCertificates/Enterprise/" folder will use that certificate to verify all HTTPS connections to Enterprise.
- Preference to set the TLS version used for HTTPS connections specifically for Elvis.
- Preference to optionally verify a host name when using HTTPS on Elvis.
- Placing a certificate file in the "SmartMoverService/TLSCertificates/Elvis/" folder will use that certificate to verify all HTTPS connections to Elvis.
- "Preferences > Logs > Log HTTP Data" now not only includes all Enterprise and Elvis communications but also HTTPS handshaking and certificate verification detail. (This can be used to help debug certificate problems.)
- Post URL, SOAP XML-RPC, JSON-RPC Tasks using HTTPS allow you to optionally set a certificate used to verify the host. You can also verify the host name.
- Added new Task: "Convert JSON Files to XML".
The following change has been implemented in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- SSL is no longer supported. Instead you must use TLS. All existing Tassk will default to TLS. This includes all Enterprise and Elvis related Tasks, Get Mail, Send Mail, Send Folder Mail List, Post URL, SOAP XML-RPC, JSON-RPC.
- All apps are now 64-bit. 32-bit Libs are not required for Linux installs.
- New system requirements imposed:
Smart Mover Manager
- Mac OS: 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: 7 SP1, 8.1, 10
Smart Mover Service
- Mac OS / Mac OS Server: 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: 7, 8.1, 10, Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Linux (or newer): Mint 16, Ubuntu 12.04, CentOS 7, Debian 6, OpenSUSE 11.3, Fedora 13.
Other Linux distributions may work but all require: glib 2.0, glibc-2.14, libstdc++.so.6.0.13
An updated Smart Mover User Guide is available.
The following issues have been fixed in Smart Mover 10.0.0 - build 10:
- Small memory leaks were fixed in several places including Search & Replace, Copy Files and Delete Files Tasks.
- Facebook Task setup "Get Albums" could cause an error.
- Facebook Task setup "Authorization" could fail to return a token.
- Enterprise XML Upload now checks validity of any external http references before uploading.