The Release Notes for Studio Server 10.18 contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues, and upgrade instructions for each release of Studio Server 10.18.
Note: Release Notes of other versions of Studio Server 10 can be found in the Release Notes section.
Studio Server 10.18.0
Studio Server version 10.18.0 build 398
Release date: 8 September 2022
The download files for this version of Studio Server can be found in the Release announcement.
No features have been added in this release of Studio Server.
The following changes have been made in this release of Studio Server:
- Centralized logging: The fields structure now only supports the ECS standard. With the introduction of centralized logging in Studio Server 10.14.0, the structure for the ECS fields was unfortunately not respecting the ECS standard and therefore implemented incorrectly.
As a result, the field names were logged in a flat concatenated structure instead of a hierarchical structure as defined by the ECS standard.
Support for the new ECS field structure was then added to Studio Server 10.14.1, together with the LOG_CENTRALIZED_CONCATENATED_ECS_FIELDS option which made it possible to temporarily use the old/incorrect structure and to update the 3rd-party logging monitoring system to the new structure at a later point.
Now, only the new ECS field structure is supported. The LOG_CENTRALIZED_CONCATENATED_ECS_FIELDS option has therefore been removed.
When upgrading from a previous version in which this option is still set in the config_overrule.php file or configserver.php file, the 'PHP' Health Check test will give a warning. In case the 3rd-party logging monitoring system is not adjusted to the new field structure, note that the monitoring system will not work; the logs will not appear as expected.
- Updated database definition for improved performance. When upgrading from a previous version of Studio Server, the database definition is updated. This change is required to improve the performance of Studio Server. The 'Database' test on the Health Check page will show a notification that the update has been implemented; no action is required.
- Server methods/functions: Improvement in performance by removing and/or replacing Inefficient BizClasses methods. To improve performance, the following BizClasses methods have been removed and where possible replaced by methods that are more efficient and require less database access:
|Deprecated method||New method|
The following changes to the documentation have been made in this release of Studio Server:
No known issues exist for this release of Studio Server.
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Studio Server:
WSS-12687 Performance: Opening the 'Inbox' and the 'Checked-out files' pages in Studio is very slow.
WSS-12702 Performance: Drop-down lists in the Create dialog take a long time to populate.
WSS-12887 Security: Update the guzzlehttp/guzzle package.
WSS-12982 Performance: 32 SQL statements are called for Create and Save operations to validate the Status and Category.
WSS-12992 An object can be created in a Workflow Status that is configured for a different object type in the same Brand.
WSS-12997 Migration script is failing because some fields in old databases are using Full User Name instead of the Short User Name.
WSS-13016 Performance: improve the LogOn Service - getPublicationInfos process.
- Installing Studio Server on a system on which it is not yet installed. See Studio Server full installation.
- Upgrading an existing installation of Studio Server. See Upgrading an existing installation of Studio Server.
- Upgrading from Enterprise Server. See Upgrading Enterprise Server to Studio Server 10.10 or higher.