The Release Notes for Studio Server 10.17 contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues, and upgrade instructions for each release of Studio Server 10.17.
Note: Release Notes of other versions of Studio Server 10 can be found in the Release Notes section.
Studio Server 10.17.0
Studio Server version 10.17.0 build 396
Release date: 11 August 2022
The download files for this version of Studio Server can be found in the Release announcement.
No features have been added in this release of Studio Server.
The following changes have been made in this release of Studio Server:
- Support for Solr 7 has been dropped. Support for Solr 7.7 has been dropped in Studio Server 10.17; this version of Solr has reached its end of life some time ago. Supported versions of Solr for Studio Server 10.17 are 8.8 and 8.11. Solr indexes any file in the system for quick access whenever a search is performed.
- Validation added for users with duplicate e-mail addresses. In Studio Server, users are identified by using the values of their name, full name, and e-mail address. When multiple users exist in the system with the same e-mail address, the user settings can become corrupted (especially when used in combination with Single Sign-On or LDAP). The e-mail address of each user in the system should therefore be unique. To prevent user accounts from becoming corrupted because of duplicate e-mail addresses, the following is now done:
- When adding an email-address that is already used by another user to a new or existing user, a message is shown to indicate this.
- The 'Authentication' test on the Health Check page now provides a warning when multiple users with the same e-mail address are detected.
- RabbitMQ repair operations are now mentioned in the Health Check test. When a repair operation for RabbitMQ was required in previous versions of Studio Server (such as when creating a missing RabbitMQ virtual host), the operation was performed but no notification was given. Now, when such an action is performed, a notification is given as part of the 'Messaging (RabbitMQ)' test.
The following changes to the documentation have been made in this release of Studio Server:
- Compatibility of Studio Server 10.17 - new
- Managing user accounts in Studio Server - updated
- Integrating LDAP in Studio Server - updated
- Implementing single sign-on in Studio Server using Amazon Cognito - updated
- Implementing single sign-on in Studio Server using Okta - updated
No known issues exist for this release of Studio Server.
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Studio Server:
WSS-12888 Health Check: Multi-byte test fails to connect to RabbitMQ when running it the first time.
WSS-12289 LDAP Users with same email-address get corrupted.
- Installing Studio Server on a system on which it is not yet installed. See Studio Server full installation.
- Upgrading an existing installation of Studio Server. See Upgrading an existing installation of Studio Server.
- Upgrading from Enterprise Server. See Upgrading Enterprise Server to Studio Server 10.10 or higher.