The Release Notes for Studio Server 10.16 contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues, and upgrade instructions for each release of Studio Server 10.16.
Note: Release Notes of other versions of Studio Server 10 can be found in the Release Notes section.
Studio Server 10.16.0
Studio Server version 10.16.0 build 394
Release date: 19 July 2022
The download files for this version of Studio Server can be found in the Release announcement.
The following has been added in this release of Studio Server:
- Support for Solr 8.11. Studio Server 10.16.0 now also supports Solr 8.11. Solr indexes any file in the system for quick access whenever a search is performed.
The following changes have been made in this release of Studio Server:
- Assets Server integration: deleted users are recreated when restoring a file. When restoring an archived file from Assets Server to Studio Server, any users associated with the file that were removed from Studio Server are recreated as deactivated users. This is because users that are part of the workflow (for example as the user who created, modified, or deleted the file) have to exist as a user in the system. Deactivated users are hidden by default on the Overview of Users Maintenance page, but can be shown again by clicking 'Show Deactivated Users' at the bottom of the page.
- Assets Server integration: Database change related to removed users when restoring files on Studio Server 10.15. Since Studio Server 10.15, users or user groups that are still part of the workflow (for example as the user who created, modified, or deleted the file) cannot be deleted anymore. When upgrading from Studio Server versions older than Studio Server 10.15, objects could exist that had a user associated with it that no longer existed in the system. The upgrade process of Studio Server 10.15 therefore restored all removed users that were still part of the workflow. However, when restoring an archived file from Assets Server to Studio Server 10.15, such a process was not in place and therefore still resulted in a file with an associated user that did not exist in the system.
When upgrading from Studio Server 10.15 to 10.16, a check is done for removed users and corrected when found. This check is performed by the 'Database Connection' Health Check test which will direct you to the Database Setup page on which the update can be run.
Note: The update needs to be run on each Studio Server 10.15 system that is upgraded, even when no files have been restored or Assets Server is not integrated.
During this process, all removed users and user groups that are still part of the workflow are recreated as deactivated users (note that user groups are also recreated as users). As mentioned above, deactivated users are hidden by default on the Overview of Users Maintenance page, but can be shown again by clicking 'Show Deactivated Users' at the bottom of the page.
The following changes to the documentation have been made in this release of Studio Server:
- Compatibility of Studio Server 10.16 - new
- Archiving files from Studio Server 10.13.1 or higher to Assets Server - updated
The following issues exist for this release of Studio Server:
- Upgrading from Studio Server version 10.13 or lower fails. When upgrading from Studio Server version 10.13 or lower, the upgrade fails with the following error:
Database upgrade failed
The log files will show the following error:
ERROR mysql MySQL: 1054:Unknown column 'loglevel' in 'field list' WARN BizException Message: Error: Failed to insert the user in the database.
These errors are caused by an upgrade script that recreates non-existing users; it expects specific database fields which are not yet present at that time.
To resolve this, do one of the following:
- First upgrade to Studio Server 10.14.x and then to version 10.16.0.
- Update the following script:
by changing the beforeUpdateModel method to return false. The method can be found on line number 58; the end result looks as follows:
- Archiving from Studio Server to Assets Server: When archiving a Digital article, the following fields are populated but cannot yet be shown in the Metadata panel in Assets:
- Character count
- Line count
- Paragraph count
This requires an update in Assets Server and will be available in a future release of Assets Server.
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Studio Server:
WSS-12802 Slow search performance when the user has no Brand or type selected.
- Installing Studio Server on a system on which it is not yet installed. See Studio Server full installation.
- Upgrading an existing installation of Studio Server. See Upgrading an existing installation of Studio Server.
- Upgrading from Enterprise Server. See Upgrading Enterprise Server to Studio Server 10.10 or higher.