In a typical production process, publications reach their end of life once they have been published. When Assets Server is integrated with Studio Server, publications can be archived from Studio Server to Assets Server to make room in the system for other publications while still having access to the files for reference or re-use. Archiving can be done for InDesign layouts, Digital articles, or Dossiers.
The process of restoring archived files involves making them available again in Studio Server. This is done in the following ways:
- For layouts: By opening the layout first in Assets for InDesign and restoring it using WoodWing Studio > Restore from Archive... .
- For Print articles: By downloading the article to the local system first and then adding it to an opened Dossier.
- Other files:
- By dragging the file onto a Dossier in the Pinned Dossiers panel in Assets.
- By dragging the file directly into an opened Dossier.
- Depending on the file type, placing the file on a layout or in a Digital article.
- For Dossiers: By manually creating a Dossier in Studio and adding the files from Assets to it.