The About WoodWing dialog is used for displaying information about the version of Smart Connection that is installed and also contains tools for activating or transferring a license.
The About WoodWing dialog.
The dialog is displayed by doing one of the following:
- macOS: Choose InDesign > About WoodWing Plug-ins or InCopy > About WoodWing Plug-ins
- Windows: Choose Help > About WoodWing Plug-ins
In certain circumstances, the dialog does not appear.
Note: This applies to all versions of Smart Connection, except the following:
For this version, the functionality of the dialog is based on a different technology; the issue should not occur and the instructions in this article do not apply.
When the About WoodWing dialog cannot be shown, the following cannot be done:
- Verifying which version of Smart Connection is installed
- Activating or transferring the license
The About WoodWing dialog is implemented using an Adobe extension named WoodWingUI_<Adobe Version>.zxp and requires a certificate.
Issues for the dialog not appearing are related to the installed certificate for this extension or with the tool that installs this extension (the ExManCmd file).
Various solutions exist, and not every solution may work on your system. Try the following solutions in order.
Solution 1 - Install the most recent version
In Smart Connection version 14.3.0 build 64 and Smart Connection 13.1.3 build 75 an issue was fixed relating to the About WoodWing dialognot appearing because of an issue with the installation certificate for the Adobe extension (as provided in the WoodWingUI ZXP file).
Do the following:
Step 1. Remove the currently installed WoodWingUI ZXP file by uninstalling Smart Connection.
Step 2. Download and install the most recent version of Smart Connection.
Solution 2 - Follow the Adobe troubleshooting steps
As a first step, verify that the extensions and add-ons for the Adobe Creative Cloud Apps are working correctly by following the steps in this Adobe article:
Solution 3 - Use a script to activate or transfer a license
Should it still not be possible to display the About WoodWing dialog and you need to activate or transfer a license, a script can be used for performing these steps.
Note: This script can only be used for transferring a license to the same version of Smart Connection.
Contact WoodWing Support via firstname.lastname@example.org to request this script. Please include the version of InDesign or InCopy (CC 2019, 2020, and so on) in which Smart Connection is installed.
Solution 4 - Advanced steps
Note: Only use this step when you are comfortable running commands from the command line on your system.
The Smart Connection installer places the ExManCmd tool on your system in the WoodWingUI ZXP folder in the application folder of InDesign or InCopy.
Instead of running the installer again, it can be helpful to run the ExManCmd tool from the command line when troubleshooting.
The following commands might be useful:
- Show all commands:
- macOS: ./ExManCmd/macOS/ExManCmd --help
- Windows: .\ExManCmd\ExManCmd.exe /help
- Lists all extensions that are currently on the system for all Adobe products.
- macOS: ./ExManCmd/macOS/ExManCmd --list all
- Windows: .\ExManCmd\ExManCmd.exe /list all
Note: In Smart Connection 14.2.3 or any higher version of Smart Connection 14, this also rebuilds the ExMan.db database if it is not present.
- Install the extension for the About WoodWing dialog:
- macOS:./ExManCmd/macOS/ExManCmd --install WoodWingUI_CC2019_v14.zxp
- Windows: Windows: .\ExManCmd\ExManCmd.exe /install WoodWingUI_CC2019_v14.zxp
Note: Replace 'WoodWingUI_CC2019_v14' with your version of Adobe CC and Smart Connection.
- Remove the extension for the About WoodWing dialog:
- macOS: /ExManCmd/macOS/ExManCmd --remove WoodWingUICC2019
- Windows: .\ExManCmd\ExManCmd.exe /remove WoodWingUICC2019
Note: Replace 'WoodWingUICC2019' with your version of Adobe CC and Smart Connection.
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.