This article describes some of the areas to take note of when upgrading from Enterprise Server 10.9 or lower to Studio Server 10.10 or higher.
Note: Studio Server 10.10 is based on Enterprise Server 10.9 and is technically the same. Apart from re-branding it by changing logos and product name references at various places, no additional changes have been made.
Info: The described steps can only be performed on the on-premise version of Studio Server, not on the cloud version.
Before you start
Before starting the installation, make a plan of what is needed: which features of Studio Server and its clients do you want to make use of and which additional (third-party) software does this require?
As a starting point, use the Compatibility Matrix to verify which software versions you need and if any upgrades are required.
Upgrading InDesign and InCopy
When you are upgrading to a new version of Adobe InDesign or InCopy, keep the following in mind:
- All InDesign and InCopy users should use the same Adobe version. This is because documents created in a newer version cannot be opened in a previous version.
- Convert any InDesign and InCopy templates to the new version of InDesign and InCopy. Do this by opening the file and re-saving it.
Take note of the following sections, where applicable.
Web root folder
Note: This step only needs to be performed when the INETROOT option value is part of the server URL of your Studio Server installation and you have not customized this option.
The default INETROOT option can be found in the config/config.php file that may be overruled by a customized INETROOT option in the config/config_overrule.php file.
The default value of the INETROOT option has changed from 'Enterprise' to 'StudioServer'. Make sure that the INETROOT option has the same value as the web root folder of Studio Server.
As the INETROOT option value may be part of the server URL, this also may have changed. For example, the server URL may have been changed from:
If that is the case, check the server URL configured in the WWSettings.xml files for all Studio clients and InDesign Server installations.
Note: This section is only applicable when scripts have been made to automatically update the Studio Server and Solr installation.
- The package name has been renamed from EnterpriseServer_<version>.zip' to 'StudioServer_<version>.zip'.
- The web root folder (shown after extracting the package) has been renamed from 'Enterprise'to 'StudioServer'.
- The default value for the INETROOT option has been renamed from 'Enterprise' to 'StudioServer'.
- The package has been renamed from 'SolrEnterprise_<version>.zip'to 'SolrStudioServer_<version>.zip'.
Integration with WoodWing Assets (formerly known as Elvis)
Note: This section is only applicable when your Studio Server is integrated with Assets Server.
- The default ELVIS_URL option can be found in the config/config_elvis.php file that may be overruled by a customized ELVIS_URL option in the config/config_overrule.php file.
- When the URL of Assets Server has been changed, adjust the ELVIS_URL option accordingly in the config/config_overule.php file.
- When the URL of the Studio Server has been changed, adjust the URLs of the registered Studio Servers that have been upgraded in the Assets Server Management Console > Enterprise Servers.
- After upgrading Studio Server, run the 'WoodWing Assets Content Source' test on the Health Check page of Studio Server.