When editing the content of a Print article in Content Station, tables are represented by an icon.
Figure: The table icon represents a table in a Print article.
Working with tables can be done by performing the following actions:
- Previewing a table
- Editing a table
Previewing a table
Previewing the styling and content of a table is possible when the Print article is placed on a layout. When this is the case, the article can be previewed in the Preview panel by clicking the Preview icon in the toolbar.
Editing a table
Info: This feature requires Content Station 11.60 or higher.
Editing a table is possible by changing the text. Actions that are not supported include:
- Applying paragraph styles or character styles
- Adding glyphs or inline notes
- Showing hidden characters
- Changing the styling of the table
- Adding or removing rows or columns
- Merging cells
- Editing a table that is part of another object such as a table or a footnote
- Manipulate the text using the Print editor text SDK
Step 1. Double-click the table icon.
The table is displayed as an overlay or the editor.
Note: Depending on the width of the table, the number of columns and the number of panels that are open, the horizontal scrollbar may have to be used to see parts of the table.
Step 2. Make the necessary changes by changing the text.
Step 3. When done, click Close table.