Working on a publication within a Brand is a dynamic process: current or new issues need to be planned while published or outdated issues need to be made inactive.
Managing publications this way is typically a task of a Brand manager. In Studio, new issues can be created while existing issues can be modified and/or deactivated.
The Issue Manager
Managing Issues in Studio is done in the Issue Manager.
It consists of 3 areas: (from left to right):
- A list of all Brands that you have access to
- A list of Issues for a selected Brand
- The Properties panel
Figure: The Issue Manager.
Accessing the Issue Manager
From the Apps menu in the toolbar, choose Issue Manager.
Figure: The Issue Manager Application is accessed through the Apps menu.
The following is needed to access the Issue Manager:
- You need to be assigned to a User group that is part of the Admin Authorizations of a Brand (with either limited or full admin rights).
- You need to have an Access Profile assigned in which the 'Planning' option is enabled (found under 'Applications', see Access Rights).
Creating a new Issue
Step 1. Click Create new... .
A window appears containing all the properties for that Brand. Which properties appear depends on the type of Publication Channel that is selected.
Step 2. Fill out the relevant properties.
Step 3. When done, do one of the following:
- Click Create & close to create the Issue and close the window.
- Click Create & continue to create the Issue and leave the window open to create another Issue.
Modifying Issue properties
To modify the properties of an Issue, select it and change its properties in the Properties panel.
Managing Current Issues
In Publication Channels of type Print, one Issue can be set as the Current Issue: the Issue that is going to be published next.
When doing so, publications that are scheduled to be released immediately before or after the Current Issue are automatically set as the Previous Issue and Next Issue.
Users can then assign content such as articles to the previous, current, or next Issue, or base searches on them instead of selecting a particular Issue by name (with the risk of selecting an incorrect Issue).
Managing which Issue should act as the Current Issue can be done in the following locations:
- In the Issue Manager in Studio
- On the Publication Channel Maintenance page in Studio Server
Using the Issue Manager in Studio
Info: This feature requires Studio 11.136 or higher.
Issues that are set as the Current Issue are indicated by an icon in the Current Issue column:
Do one of the following:
- To set an Issue as the Current Issue:
- Right-click the Issue and from the context menu that appears, choose Set as the current Issue.
- To remove the Current Issue status from an Issue:
- Right-click the Issue and from the context menu that appears, choose Remove as the current Issue.
Note: The context menu command only appears when a single Issue has been selected.
Using the Publication Channel Maintenance page in Studio Server
Step 1. Log in to Studio Server and access the Brands page.
Step 2. Access the Brand that you want to change by clicking it.
The Brand Maintenance page appears.
Step 3. Click the Print Publication Channel for which you want to change the Current Issue.
The Publication Channel Maintenance page appears.
Step 4. In the Current Issue field, select the Issue that should act as the Current Issue.
Step 5. Click Update to save the changes.
To deactivate an Issue, do one of the following:
- Right-click an Issue and choose Deactivate
- Select an Issue and in the Properties panel clear the Active check box
Issues that have been deactivated do not appear in Studio. To make these active again, use the Issue Maintenance page in Studio Server.
- 8 February 2023: Added section 'Managing Current Issues'.
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.