When the published article needs to be updated, the original archived article can be restored in Enterprise, edited in Content Station, and published again.
This article describes how Digital articles that are archived in Elvis can be restored in Enterprise.
This feature requires the following:
- An integration consisting of Elvis 6.40 or higher with Enterprise Server 10.8 or higher.
- Content Station 11.52 or higher.
- One way of restoring Digital articles in the Pro client is by using the Restore option in the context menu of an article. Making this option available for the users or user groups who need access requires access to the sceSystemId and sceStoryId metadata fields. This can be done in Elvis Server by doing the following:
Step 1. Add the sceSystemId field by adding the following line to the custom-assetinfo file. When done, restart the system.
<fieldExt name="sceSystemId" technical="false"/>
Step 2. In Elvis Server, make the following metadata fields available (as part of the Enterprise group):
Restoring a Digital article
A Digital article can be restored to Enterprise in the following ways:
In this process, the article is restored in one action. The structure that is needed in Enterprise for restoring the Digital article and any images that it contains is created automatically.
Step 1. In the Pro client, locate the Digital article.
Step 2. Right-click the article and from the context menu choose Restore.
The Digital article and any images that it contains is added to a Dossier and opened for editing in Content Station in a new Web browser tab.
Note: Some Web browsers may block this action. Depending on your Web browser, an additional step may be needed or settings may have to be changed to show this tab.
Step 3. Verify the properties of the Dossier, the Digital article, and any of the images. Change them when necessary. See The restoring process.
In this process, the article is restored by dragging it from Elvis to Content Station. Before this can take place, the structure that is needed in Enterprise for restoring the Digital article and any images that it contains needs to be created manually.
Step 1. In Content Station, make sure that:
- A Dossier exists in which the Digital article needs to be restored.
- The Dossier is opened.
Step 2. In the Pro client, locate the Digital article.
Step 3. Drag the article from Elvis onto the opened Dossier in Content Station.
Step 4. Verify the properties of the Digital article and any of the images. Change them when necessary. See The restoring process.
Step 5. Open the article to edit it.
During the restore action, the following actions take place:
Note: When the original Brand does not exist in Enterprise anymore, the article cannot be restored.
- The files in the Production Zone are added to Enterprise as a shadow object.
- When using the automatic method, the following actions take place:
- A search is done in Enterprise and Elvis for the latest revision of the Digital article.
- When a result is found in Enterprise (for example because the article was already restored by another user), that article is opened in Content Station; the article in Elvis is then not restored.
- When a result is found in Elvis, it may or may not be the article revision that was selected to be restored. In this context, a Dossier is created in Enterprise and the latest Digital article revision and any images that it contains are added to it.
- The files are assigned their original properties as much as possible. Take note of the following:
- When the original Issue does not exist in Enterprise anymore, that Issue is ignored.
- When the original Category does not exist in Enterprise anymore, the files are assigned to the first Category of the Brand.
- The files are assigned to the first Workflow Status available for their file type or optionally (for Enterprise Server 10.9 or higher) a defined Workflow Status.
- The archived files are left untouched in Elvis.
- 28 July 2020: Updated section 'Requirements' with information about making the Restore option available.