Info: This feature requires Content Station 11.36 or higher.
Working on a publication is team work. In a typical workflow therefore, an article will go through many changes before it can be published.
To discuss or communicate these changes, comments can be added to the text in a Digital article.
This article describes how this is done.
Creating a new comment
Step 1. In the article, select the text to which you want to add a comment.
Step 2. In the toolbar that appears, click the Comment icon.
The Comments panel opens. An empty comment has been created with the cursor placed in it.
Note: The position of the comment in the panel reflects the position in the article relative to any other comments: if the new comment is placed after an existing comment in the article, it is also placed after that comment in the panel.
Step 3. Type your comment in the panel. When done, press Enter, click the Comment button, or click anywhere outside of the comment.
Info: This feature requires Content Station 11.42 or higher.
Add a hyperlink to the comment by adding a URL that starts with one of the following prefixes:
When clicked, the link will open in a new Web browser tab.
How comments are displayed
Comments appear in two areas in the Digital editor:
- In the text of the article. Text to which a comment is applied is highlighted in yellow (not to be confused with text that has been given a yellow background).
- As a card in the Comments panel. Each card has a vertical bar in the color of the user who has added the comment (based on the color that is set in their user profile in Enterprise Server). The vertical bar is placed on the left of the card for the user that is working on the article, and to the right of the card for all other users. This makes it easy to distinguish comments that users have added themselves from comments that other users have added.
Figure: A. Text with a comment applied. B. A comment added by the user who is currently logged in. C. A comment added by another user.
To navigate to a specific comment, do one of the following:
- In the Comments panel, place the cursor in a comment. The article will scroll to the position of the comment in the text.
- In the article, place the cursor in the text that contains the comment. The Comments panel will scroll to show the corresponding comment.
To delete a comment, do one of the following:
- Resolve the comment (see the following section)
- Delete the text to which it has been applied
- Delete the component of which it is part
When all actions are performed or the discussion is closed, the comment can be resolved.
- To resolve a single comment, click Resolve in the comment in the panel.
- To resolve all comments, click the More Actions option in the header of the panel and click Resolve all.
Copying and pasting
When copying and pasting text or components that contain a comment, the pasted text or component does not contain the comment.
The following keyboard shortcuts are available for working with comments:
|Ctrl+Z||Cmd+Z||Undo the last action.|
- 10 July 2019: Added section'Using hyperlinks'.