Files that are worked on in Content Station are typically used or managed within the Enterprise workflow.
There may come a point though that one or more files need to be downloaded to the local system to process them in some way outside of this workflow.
The following options for downloading files are available:
- Download original. This option is available for all files and downloads the original, full file.
- Download preview. This option is available for all file types that have a preview available — such as an image, article, layout, and so on — and downloads the small preview version of the file.
Right-click a file anywhere in Content Station and from the context menu choose Download original or Download preview.
Location where the file is downloaded to
A downloaded file is saved to the following location:
- For a single file: depending on the way the preferences of the Web browser are configured:
- Download location: the file is automatically downloaded to a designated folder.
- Ask where to save the file to: when the file is downloaded the user is asked to choose a folder.
Figure: The Downloads settings of Google Chrome.
- For multiple files: in the Downloads folder of the user.
Issue: when trying to download multiple files, the download options are grayed-out
Downloading multiple files is done by making use of the Content Station Desktop Application which can only be used in combination with Google Chrome. Make sure that:
- The correct version of the Content Station Desktop Application is installed and running (see the notes earlier in this article)
- You are using Google Chrome
Also, make sure that at least one file that you are trying to download is of a supported type (see the notes earlier in this article).