Elvis DAM as the digital asset supply chain for Salesforce
This integration uses Elvis DAM as a repository for digital assets that have been created through Salesforce CRM and for assets used in marketing communications via Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Integration: Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Customer: Harrier National
Partner: Creative Folks
Scenario 1: Salesforce attached asset searchability
Harrier National is creating thousands of contracts (PDF documents) each day via Salesforce CRM. There are two issues associated with these processes:
- Storing these contracts in Salesforce CRM is costly and
- Searching for these assets within Salesforce is quite complex, requires custom interfaces built and is very unintuitive.
We created an integration that allows for Salesforce CRM to push each newly created PDF to our web service (with relevant metadata from Salesforce). The web service validates the data, stores the asset into Elvis DAM in an appropriate location (based on the metadata), then returns an asset ID.
When users of Salesforce want to view a contract, salesforce retrieves the preview image and/or the complete PDF from Elvis DAM and displays it within the browser window.
Scenario 2: Elvis as a Digital Supply Chain for business processes
Harrier National’s customers (who are automotive dealers) need to send reminder notices out to many recipients, based on their car service history. Our integration orchestrates the gathering of data from Salesforce CRM, generating HTML through Salesforce Marketing Cloud, creating PDFs from the HTML using DocRaptor, pushing the PDF asset in to Elvis DAM, generating a unique download code, then triggering a mailout to the automotive dealer (who in turn use the PDF’s for communication to their clients).
The process sequence is best described in the image below. Elvis DAM is the source of truth for storage and also allows the end users to download the asset(s) from a direct link.
Key user benefits
The key benefits of both integrations are:
- Users can find all documents related to a dealer, group of dealers, or a vehicle owner with a single search. This is not possible with Salesforce alone.
- Storage costs are drastically reduced.
- The Salesforce functionality is enhanced by the DAM core features, such as indexing of content, generating previews, providing sharelink capabilities.
- Providing users with a visual, intuitive interface with fast response times.
Elvis DAM, Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and an Integration platform, such as Jitterbit or AWS serverless platform (API gateway, Lambda, SQS).
This integration is made by Creative Folks. For any questions please contact Michael Coorey at firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 2 9516 2677.