This article describes how to publish an Inception Story to Apple News.
Note: For this to work, configuration steps are needed on Apple News and in Inception. For more information, see Creating an Inception Story for publishing to Apple News.
Before you publish
Before you publish a Story to Apple News, make sure of the following:
- Each Story should have at least one image component defined.
Note: The first image component will be used as a thumbnail on Apple News in the list of stories.
- The image in each Hero component should follow the following requirements:
- It should be in JPG, JPEG or PNG format.
- Minimum size: 300 x 300 pixels.
- The aspect ratio (width versus height) must be between 0.5 and 3.0.
Note: If any of these requirements is not met, the story is not published on Apple News.
Publishing to Apple News
Step 1. Access the publish options for the Story or Stories that you want to publish.
Do one of the following:
- From the list of Stories, select one or more Stories and click the Publish button in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Open the Story, access the Publish panel by clicking the Publish icon in the toolbar on the right and then click the Publish button.
Step 2. Choose the following options:
- Target: Apple News.
- Publish to: The name of the Apple News channel.
- Project: The name of the project on Adobe AEM to which you want to publish the Story.
- Optimize images. (Optional but recommended). Select to reduce the file size of the package by down-sizing images which sizes exceed configured settings. A smaller file size means shorter download times and thereby a better experience for the user. The current estimated package size is indicated and adjusted when selecting the option.
This means that your system administrator has not configured this option. Any images in your Story will be uploaded in their original dimension and size; consider using images that are smaller in size.
Note: The indicated file size is an estimation, the final file size may vary.
Step 3. Click Publish.
The Story or Stories are published and will appear on Apple News in a few moments.
Step 4. Log in to the Apple News Publisher or to Apple News and verify that your story is available.