It is important that any file that you want to include in a published story or want to store as a reference, is uploaded to Enterprise. This makes sure that the file is available when it needs to be published (such as an image that needs to be published to a Web page), and that other users can also make use of that file (even in a different story).
Which file types can be uploaded?
All popular file types can be uploaded: from documents, images and videos, to presentations, spreadsheets, ZIP files and many more.
How can I upload files that are not in a supported format?
Should a file not be supported yet, the file format can be added by configuring Enterprise Server. Please contact your system administrator.
Uploading files is only possible in an existing Dossier.
Step 1. In an opened Dossier, do one of the following:
- Locate the files on your local drive, network, or in the Elvis Pro client1, and drop them anywhere in the Dossier
- Click the Upload button and select your files
1 Requires Content Station 10.5 or higher.
After adding the files, the Uploading Files window appears. Each file is automatically uploaded to Enterprise and the upload progress is shown for each file while at the bottom of the window the overall progress can be followed.
Figure: The Uploading Files window allows you to make final changes to the settings of each file.
When uploading files of different formats, files of the same format are grouped together.
Step 2. (Optional) Change the settings for each file by:
- Assigning a different Workflow Status (done per group of files)
- Assigning a user (done per group of files)
- Selecting a single file and changing its settings in the right side of the window
- Removing a file from the upload process by selecting it and clicking the X-icon
Step 3. Click Finish.
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.