Changing the language of Content Station 10
The language in which Content Station as an application is displayed (meaning: the text that appears in menus, buttons, messages and so on) is controlled by the following settings:
- The "CompanyLanguage" setting of Enterprise Server. This is a global setting which affects all applications that are logged in to the Server.
- The language setting of the user profile in Enterprise Server. This is a local setting for the logged-in user only. This setting overrules the "CompanyLanguage" setting, thereby making it possible to use a different language than the default company language.
Changing the company language
A company language is used as the default language. This means that when the user is not known yet, the language is displayed in the set company language.
Example: The Log In dialog box could initially be displayed in the company language; once the user is logged in, the application switches to the language set in the user’s profile.
The company language is controlled by the following option in Enterprise Server:
- File: configserver.php file
- Name of option: CompanyLanguage
- Area: SERVERFEATURES
- Possible values:
- csCZ Czech
- deDE German
- enUS American English
- esES Spanish
- fiFI Finnish
- frFR French
- itIT Italian
- jaJP Japanese
- koKR Korean
- nlNL Dutch
- plPL Polish
- ptBR Brazilian Portuguese
- ruRU Russian
- zhCN Chinese (Simplified)
- zhTW Chinese (Traditional)
- Default setting: enUS
new Feature( 'CompanyLanguage' , 'enUS'),
Changing the user language
The user language is the language that the user prefers to use. It overrules the company language.
Example: When the company language is set to English and the user language is set to Spanish, Content Station will run in Spanish for that user.
Step 1. In Enterprise Server, click Users in the Maintenance menu or on the Home page.
The Overview of Users page appears.
Step 2. Choose the user for which the language needs to be changed.
The User Maintenance page appears.
Step 3. From the Language list, choose the language:
|English (US)||American English|
Step 4. Click Update (or the equivalently named button in case Enterprise Server is run in a language other than English).