Changing the time-out period for Solr may be necessary when time-outs occur while indexing many objects.
Info: This article can be used for Solr 4 and Solr 6.
Do one of the following:
Tip: (For Enterprise Server 10.1 or higher only) Easily manage and configure settings of all configuration files by adding them to a single configuration file.
- Recommended method: In the solrconfig.xml file , change settings such as ramBufferSizeMB, mergeFactor, and autoCommit.
- <Solr installation directory>/<corename>/conf/
- In the solr_config.php file, change the value of the SOLR_TIMEOUT setting.
Note: The time is defined in seconds.
- <Enterprise installation directory>/config/
define ('SOLR_TIMEOUT', 5);
- 29 November 2017: Changed title from 'Changing the time-out period for Solr 4.5' to 'Changing the Solr time-out period'.
- 29 November 2017: Made the article compatible with Solr 6.2.